Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new in packaging cell link on Amazon Set it up at home to test worked great updated app and firmware, now it will not communicate. I called customer no service did everything they told me to do, and still no go. I filled out a RMA for sent it in and got an e mail back that it isn't covered because I bought from a unauthorized vendor. DO NOT BUY THIS JUNK. 3 week old piece of trash.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I own 3, not a hiccup. Also have 2 Link Micro Cell cameras. Other than being picky about liking Energizer Lithium Batteries they are great. Sorry your having issues. I have been using Spypoint for 11 years now and love them. Have had a few fail after being out for over 2 years, but Texas summers are brutal on trail cams. Amazon will take it back, I wouldn't write them totally off as junk though.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Anytime you buy from Amazon and something goes wrong you should send it back to Amazon. I have always been refunded as soon as I checked the returned item in at UPS to be shipped back and they see it is in the pipeline.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tip about Amazon. Glad to see some folks are getting good results from their Slypoint products I guess what set me off was the crummy Customer no service I got from them and the fact they wouldn't do anything to help.

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Thanks for the tip about Amazon. Glad to see some folks are getting good results from their Slypoint products I guess what set me off was the crummy Customer no service I got from them and the fact they wouldn't do anything to help.
That is a known problem and it seems it depends on who you talk to or email with when you contact them. I have had good luck with questions I had that I emailed CS about and luckily have not had a defective product so far. My cell-link has been out almost two months now and is till showing 98% battery strength with AA energizers in it. It sends great pics but the pic quality is determined by the camera used.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I’ve got two: one Verizon and one AT&T. Both work great, and were taking pictures immediately after I did the VERY easy initial setup. The Verizon transmitter even worked in a spot where Verizon phones don’t get much, if any, signal (my yard).

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have it, it works from home and will put out in the woods in a few weeks. The concept is great, but Spypoint is known for cheap products and very poor customer service . I also have a Tactacam Reveal for $99 and for the money is excellent. I do have a $400 Ridgetec Lookout Duel and that is by far the best, camera I have.

I agree the Cell-Link works as good as the camera it's connected too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts