Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started blind hunting last year, and it really changed the way I look at hunting, I've always been hard core climber but I gave the blind a try, I really couldn't believe how close I had deer and turkeys, had one turkey come up and peck the blind so this year I'm buying some more blinds this year which way do yawl prefer to hunt?

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
I use both and got my ladder stand set up today and set up my Double Bull Matrix 360 blind today also. I will probably be hunting out of a Summit Viper opening day though if I can still use a climber with my torn left rotator cuff. I am going to try in the yard in a few days. If I can"t set the climber up I will probably be in the blind.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I hunt out of double tree stands an ground blinds I like the laps deception blinds only weigh 9 lbs an set up easy use the turkey seat in it not as tall as regular blind but plenty of room for one

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
I use 17' ladder stand in one backyard and a blind in another. Early season stand is cooler, rut blind is warmer.:sleep:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
I use a bit of everything but find that my climbers give me the most options on where I can hunt, have the edge on visibility vs any blind and are very comfortable in good weather. I have a few ladder stands that are safe and comfortable as well but only hunt in them in the late season or if game camera traffic says to ;). I started using ground blinds 3 years ago and find the chair blinds offer some quick setup options and are easy to hide. An option I use a couple times a year. Like Robert, I've found that the Double Bull blinds are very durable and the Surround View versions offer a unique visibility advantage. I have a couple and I'm using them more now than in the past. With a swivel arm chair and tripod they are super comfortable and will get you through rain showers dry as a bone and keep the wind off you. And the space they offer vs a tree stand is really nice. A great option in late season cold weather!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
2 man stand, found a place to put a blind that looks slightly uphill at a fence line the deer travel, grounds falls off to both sides and the back more steeply towards lake but can see long ways. Now just gotta decide on which blind. Really want one with over 6 ft. clearance headroom.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a lot of stands and I have a turkey chair. The latter hides in tall grass, little notches and I have 2' tall blinds made from dead fall limbs. WE would have 7 stands and 5 more ground spots plus anywhere else I can drop the chair into. Some of the farm field have a channel ditch they cut to control runoff. Siting the chair in there give you just about complete concealment except the length of the ditch with the grass.

·
Registered
527 Posts
The older I get the closer to the ground I like to stay.

Reactions: Ibidapo

·
Registered
13,221 Posts
Well, Ive never much hunted from anything other than stands. That said, I'll probably climb as long as I'm able. For the past few years Ive favored ladder stands but this year I'll do some hunting out of my Summit again as Ive acquired land in town to hunt this year.

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
I prefer blinds myself. I've never been one to be able to sit still for hours on end. I like being able to stand up and stretch or eat a sandwich,LOL. I bought a Primos Shark Attack a couple years ago and love it!
We get a lot of cold rain here in the winter,more than snow. Staying dry is nice also.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have about 10 ladder stands set up in the woods on my place. Sometimes I think it would be better to have fewer, so not to worry about what I’m missing in the ones that I’m not sitting in. I do have a favorite, which I call Old Faithful. It produces more than any of the others. It’s in a mature hardwood area overlooking a natural swamp. I may try a blind this year, but don’t think I can get my recliner in one. Lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts