Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went ahead and ordered my retainer brush and laser genetics subzero light and reworked the trigger today and will be ordering my gas strings once I get everything set up, will be trying out some new pile drivers with this bow to see how they shoot, will be cutting a flat on bracket of silent crank so I want have to remove it when using the rope sled, make a spacer and attach picatinny rail and getting a longer screw so I can mount light to quiver bracket. Have trigger set at about 3lbs and I set the creep at about 1/4" until I get comfortable with the new xbow, dont plan on shooting it until I get brush and everything on bow so once I have everything besides the new strings installed will start putting it thru its paces. Should not take long learned a lot with my 1st cp400 which is a tack driver and there is no more guess work I know what works for me with this cp400

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Started putting the bow thru its paces and had it sighted in at 50yds in 6 shots the trigger is about 1/4" which I will adjust down to 1/8" once I get new gas strings and put them on. Will get into speed this weekend bring the chrono out a check the speed with the new 20" pile drivers Im trying out so far the are accurate going to get a bag target and set it out at 80yds because that blackout target is getting a little soft even at 50yds those pile drivers are going to the nock and still having a very hard time pulling the arrows, will be stuffing the barrel with foam can tell a difference between my cp1 and cp2 which I know when I get the new strings on, that will help out a great deal. Scope is great no need to change that have a ravin one on cp1 and I just don't see the need the scope is great, have 2 silent cranks and working on a bracket to hook the sled to on the picatinny rail so I can leave the crank on especially since these are hunting bows and don't want to have to keep up with sled. The silent crank is nice and when you are 30' up a tree it will make things a lot easier

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I finished up today getting my new xbow sighted in but ended up putting the spring retainer back on in place of the brush, was shooting a 100yds with the brush retainer and was getting groups of about 2" so I figured while I had some time would swap out to the spring retainer to see if it would make a deference this is my 1st group at 100yds

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Not touching it, as far as the set up, have about 100 shots with the standard strings and cables and they look good so will shoot them until they need replacing, my original cp400 has the brush retainer also so I might change out with the spring retainer just to see the deference

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Changed out brush retainer with spring retainer on 1st cp400 and it worked out great very easy change over, good out to 100yds so done with both xbows will shoot them both once a week time to start working on hunting land and take the boat out and do some fishing

1 - 9 of 9 Posts