Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howzit, I starting the annual hunt to fill the deep freeze today with this nice Impala Ram. I had to rush the picture as the light was failing and I wanted the giraffes in the background. Also saw Eland, Waterbuck, Gemsbok, Duiker, Steinbok, and too many monkeys today in the blind. I've got one more ram and one ewe to get this year for the freezer.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Beautiful scene you captured. Something out of a sales brochure for hunting outfitter.

Hard for us to picture in the States, but you are in the equivalent of our November.

Congratulations on a great hunt, a nice buck, and the shot that put him down. Good luck filling your other tags. Well done sir!

Reactions: dynamo61 and 380

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
Awesome.. Congrats

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Took a small ram today at last light again, had to find him in the dark. Perfect shot, he just ran further than expected. Sorry, no pictures due to time. Changing blinds tomorrow, still need one ewe and a warthog if a big one comes in.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The last impala for my year is in the cold room, now I can sleep late tomorrow. Luckily I was using a lighted knock today, shot her at last light and the arrow didn't pass through so there was almost no blood spoor to follow. Waited for a few minutes for it to get dark and went looking for the light. I am now convinced of the benefit of the lighted knock. Saturday, off to my butcher.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Great pics. I'll be going in September again.
What's your arrow and broadhead setup?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Archer, where will you.be in September? I'm currently using Tenpoint CenterPunch arrows with Muzzy Trocar broadheads; they've worked very well for me for three years.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts