Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Archer, where will you.be in September? I'm currently using Tenpoint CenterPunch arrows with Muzzy Trocar broadheads; they've worked very well for me for three years.
Limcroma Safaris in South Africa. I am using Evo X Arrows with 150 gr Slick Trick Crossbow heads. I will use my Stealth NXT as my primary bow and a Carbon Nitro as a B/U. I have Eland, Waterbuck, and Hartebeest on my list this time.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
You will be about 200k SE of where I live. I used to shoot EVO Xs but switched to Centerpunch last year. Good luck and enjoy. I'd like to know how the crossbow does on Eland, biggest I've gone is a Kudu Cow with the crossbow

Reactions: archer36

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
You will be about 200k SE of where I live. I used to shoot EVO Xs but switched to Centerpunch last year. Good luck and enjoy. I'd like to know how the crossbow does on Eland, biggest I've gone is a Kudu Cow with the crossbow
Evo X and Centerpunch are the same arrows.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Congratulations on a beautiful animal with your crossbow. Crossbows are lots of fun to shoot and hunt with. Mine is a vintage excalibur equinox crossbow. Its a great shooting crossbow. Enjoy your hunting season. 😁

·
Registered
216 Posts
You have it made sir. Is it still exciting when it’s that easy? Serious question? I’ve shot dumb deer in Texas and Maryland that just didn’t get my heart pumping like the wild animals here in La

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I wouldn't say it is exciting as much as it is stressful. What I really like is sitting in the blind from sun-up to sun-down and seeing our animals at close range. I live with these animals (impala, kudu, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, and giraffes) year round, saying hello to them when I'm out driving on the property, keeping tabs on their health and numbers, making sure they get supplemental feeding and nutrients when required, etc., etc.. Then once a year we (ten owners but only I live here all year) have to kill a certain number so that we don't become overstocked. I have to make a reservation for space at my butcher, he is a fully trained German butcher and is very popular. Once I have my reservation in, I have to get everything I need for the year into the cold room in time. That is where the stress comes in.

I don't really hunt any longer, I fill a deep freeze. I get much more enjoyment out of walking with others in the bush as they hunt on foot. I've taken quite a lot of trophies in the past and now mostly fill a deep freeze, I only eat game meat that I have shot. These four Impala will give me about 150lbs of ground meat, hamburger patties, chops, loin, rib rolls, stew meat, and sausage; that's it for the year.

Have no intention of ever living in a town or back in America, I live a great life and am thankful for it.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
I wouldn't say it is exciting as much as it is stressful. What I really like is sitting in the blind from sun-up to sun-down and seeing our animals at close range. I live with these animals (impala, kudu, zebra, gemsbok, wildebeest, waterbuck, eland, and giraffes) year round, saying hello to them when I'm out driving on the property, keeping tabs on their health and numbers, making sure they get supplemental feeding and nutrients when required, etc., etc.. Then once a year we (ten owners but only I live here all year) have to kill a certain number so that we don't become overstocked. I have to make a reservation for space at my butcher, he is a fully trained German butcher and is very popular. Once I have my reservation in, I have to get everything I need for the year into the cold room in time. That is where the stress comes in.

I don't really hunt any longer, I fill a deep freeze. I get much more enjoyment out of walking with others in the bush as they hunt on foot. I've taken quite a lot of trophies in the past and now mostly fill a deep freeze, I only eat game meat that I have shot. These four Impala will give me about 150lbs of ground meat, hamburger patties, chops, loin, rib rolls, stew meat, and sausage; that's it for the year.

Have no intention of ever living in a town or back in America, I live a great life and am thankful for it.
Thanks Colin.
I enjoy reading your posts and wishing I was there too!

21 - 29 of 29 Posts