Crossbow Nation banner

steady eddy on Vipers400?

971 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  zeeinn 
#1 ·
Has anyone added a steady eddy to their Viper S400 yet? I'm getting ready to do so and I was wondering if any "issues" have already been identified by anyone. There are two Allen bolts in the front, below the rail, and I intend on using one of them. Preferably the one most forward. There may be a little interference from the arrow quiver which I can easily remedy. I also know that I'll need to extend the length of the bolt and add a spacer where the attachment "Knuckle" hooks to the bow. This will allow clearance at the front handle. Hope I'm understandable! Any constructive information will be appreciated. I know there's some intelligence on here!

#2 ·
I have not used the Steady Eddy (SE) on a Viper, but I have one on my Stealth NXT and it's pretty slick. I like that it extends/retracts so it's good for shooting from a seated position with the ball-end of the SE on the ground, or standing with the ball-end pressed into your belly just above your waist. I have used it both ways at the range and it definitely helps to steady the shot and is better than freehand. I also have a Caldwell field pod and carry that with me if I'm going to be hunting out of a ground blind (seldom). That's the most stable, obviously, but the Steady Eddy comes in a close second, and is pretty versatile. My only complaint (very minor!) about the SE is that it requires that you bolt on the clip at the butt of the stock that holds the SE in place for when you're not using it, but want to carry it. When the SE is clipped in, there's a little extra bulk underneath the xb that takes getting used to. You can remove the SE altogether and leave it in the truck, but the clip is intended to remain on the butt stock and would require tools to remove. Not a big deal at all, and I have no intention of removing my SE. It's way better than a monopod, in my opinion. I carry my monopod when I'm hunting with flintlock rifle, but with the xb I rely on the SE.

#5 ·
Thinking about putting one on my Viper, but I'm not sure yet. My XB is getting pretty hefty between the Evo X scope and the metal relocation quiver bracket. Not to mention I already have a Gen 2 Trigger Stick and a Bog-pod, which also double as walking sticks. LOL!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.