Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a problem removing my carbons form a foam layered target. Some suck so bad had to use hammer to break the tension. Applied simple bar soap on the leading 6" or so, rubbed it in a bit, problem solved. No doubt will need to re-soap occasionally. Should use something other than Irish Spring on hunting arrows, "pretty" smell. (Who know tho, may be an deer attractant).

·
310 Posts
Cossack said:
Had a problem removing my carbons form a foam layered target. Some suck so bad had to use hammer to break the tension. Applied simple bar soap on the leading 6" or so, rubbed it in a bit, problem solved. No doubt will need to re-soap occasionally. Should use something other than Irish Spring on hunting arrows, "pretty" smell. (Who know tho, may be an deer attractant).
I have used everything from a 1/2 veg oil, and 1/2 bar and chain lube mix to Ivory soap (no smell). The best is a lube called Woody's Arrow Lube, however Ivory is cheaper.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since I don't use my target arrows for hunting smelly arrows isn't an issue. Did notice tonight that if I don't rub the soap in a bit it sticks to the rail and affects accuracy negatively. Now wondering if any of the deer lures have an oil base. Hmmmmm...

·
11,565 Posts
Try this :)

from Home Depot, Walmart, etc: Jigaloo I'm serious:D It's fantastic stuff. It's made in Canada and is in an orange colored spray can. It's the best I've found and has a pleoasant citrus smell.

·
23 Posts
Jig-A-Loo

www.jigaloo.com

According to the website it is the best thing since a pocket on a shirt or sliced bread. It is available at Wal Mart and several other places. I would look where I found WD-40 or other spray lubes. I found it by using Google.

navydad

·
1,223 Posts
No goo needed!

Just give the thing a 1/4 twist.....it'll slide right out !

No extra cost, no extra work, no cleaning the goo off, no worrying about getting the goo on anything else...! Just give it a little twist. Works on every carbon arrow I've shot into three different (different brands) type foam targets.
Even woth the extra speed of the Stryker.

Mike

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry Mike, that's not the case here. The Vortex puts them in so tight at 320 fps I need a HAMMER to break the tension. I've even loosed the bands on the target so it isn't so tight, still can't turn it without some lube. May be the particular brand of target, its a bargain price model not The Block. (All indications of make are gone).

·
11,565 Posts
again

:rolleyes:

"No goo needed!

Just give the thing a 1/4 twist.....it'll slide right out !
"

Sorry Dude, do you think these guys have not tried twisting and just about
everything else?

There IS no "goo" using Jigaloo. It goes on dry, has just a hint of citrus smell and makes even GT's pull easy.

For the poster that wanted to know what it's used for...........It's used for making stuff slick:D

·
1,223 Posts
Mr. Moon -

Works with my Stryker...!

Maybe I just got the slower 200fps Stryker!
Yes...it does work! Using several different brand arrows AND three different brand targets!
Dho-no what else to tell ya!
Beside...since it works for me....it MAY...work for others...correct?

I know....it just works on the West Coast. The air here's different!

Mike

·
11,565 Posts
I know the air's different on the left coast

Spent a lot of time out there. Has nothing to do with arrows sticking:ack2:

Twisting arrows does make a difference but when target material is fusing to the shaft, unless you are as strong as "Arnold", it's not the answer and I'm not speaking for everyone, just from my experience with Rinehart and McKensie 3D targets.

BTW, what's with the "MR" crap? Get that chip off your shoulder Dude.

·
Incurable Tinkerer
5,031 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I tried Jig-a- Loo for sticking arrows. What a difference! Wow. I can pull the arrows out with two fingers...from the same target that required a hammer to loosen them.
You are absolutely correct Moon, it is great stuff. Works great as a rail lube too.
Thanks for the advice.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts