Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Multrie was stolen yesterday and I'm still Pizzed. Not only was it password protected, I had a label on it with the words, "PASSWORD PROTECTED", I also had my telephone # on it and my initials are filed inside. It was in Area 49 NJ. Only cheap ones from now on. It takes a real lowlife.

·
Banned
530 Posts
They probably wanted the card.
I've had it happen to me before. It sucks. No respect at all anymore.
I blame the tv shows. All there garbage has made a means of feeding yourself into big money. It's a shame anymore.
My advice. Hang your cams up the tree 15 ft.
Now they have to work for it at least.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Lowlife pukes, had my new Browning cam swiped last year, they made the mistake of setting a stand, sticks and camera, literally 50 yrds away. ( Although they did one hell of a camo job on their stuff, wasn't good enough. ). We left them a nice fresh Nut Sack dangling over their bait after my son smoked a buck the night we found it all.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Banned
530 Posts
Lowlife pukes, had my new Browning cam swiped last year, they made the mistake of setting a stand, sticks and camera, literally 50 yrds away. ( Although they did one hell of a camo job on their stuff, wasn't good enough. ). We left them a nice fresh Nut Sack dangling over their bait after my son smoked a buck the night we found it all.

I remember reading that. It still makes me laugh. They got some justice.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I stumbled across a game cam on the family farm we hunt. There was also a family friend hunting there so I assumed it was his. Saw him a couple days later and mentioned I saw it and he said it wasn't his. Someone else was sneaking in and scouting where they were not permitted. Next time out I was gonna grab it but it was gone.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I started putting 2 cameras on every set! It sucks you cant even be safe from theives on your own property, but it is not the same world anymore! Put one where your common thief can see it, and another up high in a tree or hidden very good,. To watch the other camera! Nothing like having a picture of your theif! Then file trespassing, theft, and criminal damages on them!

·
Registered
271 Posts
I use bear boxes and Python cables on all my cameras. They'd have to bring some serious purpose built cutters to get at my cameras. Fortunately all the neighbors are good and ethical hunters and we watch out for each other.

Reactions: SDS515 and R1_Demon

·
Registered
14,158 Posts
Like you, I have my name and phone number inside my cameras. Probably wont stop a thief but if they take'em I atleast want them to know who they stole from (deer stands same way). It would probably be a bad day for them if I ever found out too.

Reactions: R1_Demon

·
Registered
413 Posts

The story is really twice as good, but I really can't elaborate without self incrimination, lol. We will just say they got theirs and them some. Definitely don't want to mess with the crazy Finn. Ha ha

·
Registered
171 Posts
It's just sad that people have to do that. Whether their pic is on it or they wanted it or whatever. It's just sad. There are a lot of things I can't afford that I want, but you know what? That is life. I'll just wait until I can afford it or I just can't have it. It is what it is. I don't go taking other people's things just because I want it. Unfortunately others don't feel the same way. :-/ Just chaps my arse when people do things like this because then the rest of us have to spend even more money to either replace what was taken by some jag off and/or spend extra money for special cables or whatever to ensure that the original item won't be taken. You just can't have anything nice anymore. It's sad. Ok, sorry, my rant is over.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Over 30 years ago my brother and myself had 5 acres of private land to hunt. A guy that owned 40 acres next door showed up on our spot. He called a game warden that used to live next door to him. Warden bothered us bothered us every time we hunted there.Checked our licenses and consent to hunt forms. 2 tree stands disappeared. I hung a new stand and I tig welded razor blades on tree steps about 3/4 of the way up the tree. I was approached by warden asking whose stand it was.I wasn't a Christian back then so I lied and said I don't know.The land owner that lived next door got what he deserved.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They probably wanted the card.
I've had it happen to me before. It sucks. No respect at all anymore.
I blame the tv shows. All there garbage has made a means of feeding yourself into big money. It's a shame anymore.
My advice. Hang your cams up the tree 15 ft.
Now they have to work for it at least.
I use screw in steps and hang all my cameras out of reach angling down then remove steps. Depending on area I also use a cable. If those thieving SOB's want to steal my camera they are going to have to work to get it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I use screw in steps and hang all my cameras out of reach angling down then remove steps. Depending on area I also use a cable. If those thieving SOB's want to steal my camera they are going to have to work to get it.
I do the same, up out of sight where it may not be noticed.

·
Registered
8,610 Posts
Yep....Hang'em High!!!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts