Crossbow Nation banner

41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Good decision to stop hunting with schmucks. Obviously not you friends
Typical slobs. I never leave stands in the woods as they always grow feet. Locks, cables, etc are to keep honest people at bay. Climb , hunt, harvest, repeat.

·
Registered
Sonoran Desert Arizona.
584 Posts
I have lost some cameras that were cabled to a tree with a cable you can't cut. Now people are carrying a battery operated mini grinder with a cutting disc and grinding the cable into. In AZ. if a blind, tree stand ,or camera is left on forest service or public land it is called littering.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
You might have a lot of acquaintances, buy only a couple true friends!
My Grandfather told me when I was young that before your life is over you can count your TRUE friends on one hand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Multrie was stolen yesterday and I'm still Pizzed. Not only was it password protected, I had a label on it with the words, "PASSWORD PROTECTED", I also had my telephone # on it and my initials are filed inside. It was in Area 49 NJ. Only cheap ones from now on. It takes a real lowlife.
I am in zone 42 I have spartan go cams that send pictures directly to my cell phone . so far I have caught 4 people on my property . they got the message real fast to stay off my land. I wont say where or how high up they are I can go to the police with the pictures.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Years ago I heard a hunters cabin was broken into in Mobile Alabama several times and guns were stolen. The owner being a reloaded loaded up some High Power rifle shells with a fast burning pistol powder. Again the cabin was broken into and gun with ammo was stolen, he didn’t report the theft that time but found out who the theif was when he read the daily paper. It was reported a hunter was admitted into the hospital after a gun exploded injuring the thief! I do not endorse anything of that nature being done. It is the world we live in.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
I'm a bit surprised at all these threads complaining about the ever increasing number of thieves that are sneaking into places they aren't supposed to be or stealing things that don't belong to them.

The fact of the matter is the real problem is far more basic than any of these things and it deals with the behavior of far to many people both young and old and everywhere in between in this country. Simply little things like not lying to others has become common place and is tolerated by the masses. Theft and other crimes is okay just because people are not being prosecuted and even when they are the punishment is way to mild to have any lasting effects.

As long as each and every one of use continues to condone these behaviors or do not avoid doing them ourselves, then we are as much a cause for this growing problem as those specified in each of these threads.

Instead of threatening to procecuting these low life jerks it's past time to either fully procecuting them or get a couple of friends and pay them a special visit the next time they show. If left in the woods with some broken limbs to see if they are able to find their way out and get medical attention they'll think twice before making that mistake again!

Let's face it nothing they did was accidental so that means we conclude it was both intentional and malicious!

Xbow755

·
Registered
377 Posts
This is terrible and unfortunately, it's the times we now live in. SMDH. I haven't utilized camera's because of these type people. I guess the only way to keep them some what safe is to mount them up high and out of sight. How well will they work 15 feet up in a tree though? Screw in steps would be easy to carry for mounting them up high, but in PA it's illegal to screw anything in to a live tree on public land. This means I'd have to carry around tree sticks I guess. :rolleyes: Lock's, boxes, and cables sound good except for the cost. That can get pricey real fast if you have 15 camera's out. Besides, if they couldn't physically steal it, I'm guessing they would just destroy it out of spite. What's a fella to do? :eek: I know what I'd do if I caught one of those scumbag's though! I'd make an example out of him and leave him right where I found him.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts