Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
But... I have lots of shooty shoots, but never had one of these shooty shoots before.

My daughter works at Dunkins and told me there was a g.u.n. in the dumpster so when I picked her up, I dove right in. Surprisingly it was not too bad, it smelled like old donuts and coffee, I found this poor old Barnett Wildcat missing the limbs and dug around a while to find it with no luck. Naturally me being me I could not put it back.

This begs the question at hand as to where to even begin to look for parts, or if it is even worth it. I know it must pale in comparison with modern bows, I'm not likely to use for anything other than recreation unless the next election has dire consequences that is, then I might just be an old long blond hair Daryl of sorts.

Any info would be appreciated, Thank! GH
20201017_170628.jpg

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
GH... Would a 10 y.o. C5 with Barnett Quad 400 replacement limbs fit the bill? Pro shop chrono'ed it with 5 FP between 100-315 grains. Best behavior came with 100 grain insert and 200 gr FP, so I flipped them and setup (via South Shore Archery) with Ethics 200 gr SS insert and 125 gr Ramcats. With Launchpad lighted nocks and 3" vanes on 19 1/2" Black Eagle Zombie Slayers I'm hunt ready at 543 gr and 283 fps. FOC is around 25%, I think. I've got a spare Tru-Glo red dot for the asking. Mine is a surburban herd control setup "not ready for prime time", but my average range is only about 15 yards.
Tom

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GH... Would a 10 y.o. C5 with Barnett Quad 400 replacement limbs fit the bill? Pro shop chrono'ed it with 5 FP between 100-315 grains. Best behavior came with 100 grain insert and 200 gr FP, so I flipped them and setup (via South Shore Archery) with Ethics 200 gr SS insert and 125 gr Ramcats. With Launchpad lighted nocks and 3" vanes on 19 1/2" Black Eagle Zombie Slayers I'm hunt ready at 543 gr and 283 fps. FOC is around 25%, I think. I've got a spare Tru-Glo red dot for the asking. Mine is a surburban herd control setup "not ready for prime time", but my average range is only about 15 yards.
Tom
YIKES!, your talking wayyyy over my head here, so not sure what works or not. I mean it looks pretty good from what I can tell. I'm a complete noob, but it looked like it would be a fun project if it does not cost more to fix up than buying a whole new one?

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Just sayin' you might find a pro shop that would refit an old C5 with new limbs and strings and set you up with arrows that work with it. Stick with The Nation and learn to enjoy the sport.

·
Registered
13,334 Posts
Better talk prices. You might have more in it than you would just buying something else. Just saying.....

Reactions: GHinNH
1 - 5 of 5 Posts