Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you get your strings changed. The reason I ask is I recieved a Tenpoint Stealth in early 2019 only shot it about 30, then deployed to Syria for the rest of 2019 and part of 2020. Should it still be good or do you guys recommend doing every couple years regardless of the amount of times it's been shot. Thank you for the advice.

De Oppresso Liber

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13,358 Posts
If it isn't frayed much from being dry I'd inspect it closely and put on a good coat of wax and shoot it. I only change my strings when it starts looking like it needs it. My last string change was after 2 years but my bow was shot during that amount of time..

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, I waxed them thoroughly before I deployed and it was stored in a case. When I got back still had wax on them but rewaxed anyways. Haven't seen any fraying, I will do a thorough inspection and rewax. I am using the scorpion strong wax with the little leather pad so it seems to get it in there fairly well. Going to go shoot this weekend and sight in the new Grim Reapers I just purchased. Thank you for all the help guys.

De Oppresso Liber

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts