Crossbow Nation banner

String changing R10

2K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  mooney46ec 
#1 ·
For those that change their R10 strings and cables compared to having a shop do it, how often would you say that you put the new strings and cables on and no tuning and twisting or untwisting of the string or cables is necessary and the thing is right on? I'm talking about Ravin strings not aftermarket. I ask because I'm having trouble finding a shop within a reasonable distance that believes anything other than putting the new stuff on is necessary with this crossbow and I'd like to get this taken care of sooner rather than later and I do not want a Ravin press. I assume I could ship it to Ravin and have it done but that seems a little extreme. I also saw a Ravin video where the guy said do not under any circumstances twist or untwist your string or something of that nature so I'm thinking the couple shops near me must follow that advice.

#4 ·
Perfectly fine to add twists. Just make sure that when you are adding twists to a cable that you pay attention to the twist direction that is under the serving. Don't want to take pre-twists out thinking that you are adding twists. This will cause the serving to loosen over time on that cable.

#8 · (Edited)
So if it's 50% of the time or less a simple swapping of the strings and cables is adequate to get the crossbow to be in tune and shooting well combined with most ravin dealers not doing any tuning at all per ravins instructions, seems to me that a lot of ravin owners who choose to not purchase a press and not tune their own crossbow will be owning and shooting a bow that's not too accurate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.