Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bow was delivered yesterday from being tuned. I went out for a shooting session today, as I was checking the bow out before starting to shoot I noticed.... see pictures

The first picture is the right cam- the string is almost touching the cam - second picture shows the string distance is almost 5x as much.

Needless to say I did not shoot....

Is this or will this become an issue?

Happy hunting!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
It has to be pressed and those yoke cables must be unwound. That will gain you the clearance you need like it has on the left side. And then it will have to be retimed and that cam will have to be leveled.
Oncebitten

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Do you have excessive downward bowstring pressure on the shooting rail?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It also looks like the string was not twisted, you can see that the “y” cable were, as the strings have a grey color with the blue. But you only see the blue in the strings with a sliver of grey and you can tell there is no twist...

This is very frustrating!!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m not sure what to do? I just know it’s not right?
The tuner says it shoots great. The string builder says the cams must be out of tune. The tuner says the strings were to long, I went over the string size in depth with the builder and we used the string size off of 60x website. The tuner neglected to tell me he thought the strings were to long until after he finished the tune and the bow was delivered and I sent him pictures inquiring why the strings were so off?

Any suggestions on my next step?

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
My ts 390 did the same thing only on the left side. I took twist out upper cable and added twist to lower until even. In order for cams to be level on mine the cam is closer to top cable than lower but far enough away to not hit. These step thru risers are touchy. My personal opinion is Barnett should have used the cam design from the ts 370 only enlarged it. Just seems smoother.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
seems like a simple fix. Also, take to a local shop since you know exactly what the problem areas are. They should have it done that day or the following day. Before I had my current Xbow press I took my Xbow to Bass Pro Archery shop in Leeds, AL. They are very good. Might want to try that or take to a reputable archery shop that works on Xbows.

This s not a hard fix and can be resolved locally just need to contact local shops. Good luck!

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lol that’s your suggestion take it somewhere else to get fixed....

So what your saying is farm deer messed up the installation of my strings that I paid him to install... just take it someplace else and pay again to fix farms dears screw up...

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How about farm dear reimburse me for the garbage install he jimmy rigged and then I’ll go someplace else and have the strings correctly installed....

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
You seem to be antagonistic over a string issue. If Farm Deer did you wrong do something about it. I know the guy to be decent and very technical. I gave you honest suggestion to help you. All you want to is bitch, moan and post pics. Also, your attitude is piss poor to air dirty laundry publicly. Grow a pair, do something about it and stop whining. We've read enough of your story.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
How about farm dear reimburse me for the garbage install he jimmy rigged and then I’ll go someplace else and have the strings correctly installed....

Don't ask us do something about it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I just think you are being biased towards your friend. I explained to you you condescending know it all friend. Categorically states he did no wrong. But its plain as day to you and everyone else he botched the string job. You buddy is to proud to admit he screwed the pooch...

So as much as I appreciate your take it someplace else and pay to fix your friends (farm deer) screw up, I’ll pass on that sound advice, and let it play out.

Happy hunting!!!!!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow you are turning into a clown... apparently when you pay and get a piss poor job. You are just supposed to take it.

I would not have to air dirty laundry if he was a man and owned up to his garbage he tried to pass as quality work.

HAVE A NICE DAY TOM.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts