Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new Excalibur suppressor 400td string silencers missing ends after 100 shots or so, not sure if this is normal? Excalibur does not sell them separately but I have seen simular ones on line $10.00 for a set of 4 . So do you need them, do they work (anyone done a sound test with a decibel meter)or are they just eye candy marketing strategy.

·
Registered
517 Posts
I couldn't keep string silencers on my CP Patriot 415 for more than 20-30 shots without them coming apart and flying off the string. I've decided to go without them. The bow may be slightly louder without them but not a lot.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Waste of money. That Excalibur will be a deer slayer without them.

·
Registered
796 Posts
Your bow may be a decibel or two louder, but it will also be faster without them. IMO, save your money.

·
Registered
5,050 Posts

·
1,584 Posts
Unless the sound can be dampened dramatically to a whisper, any silencing parts put on a bow is for the shooters benefit and will not help in killing deer. However, confidence is everything and if you think that it may help in your situation, it is a good thing. I have heard of guys being able to shoot a second deer soon after the first. In that case it maybe of great benefit in not putting the second deer on alert.

Reactions: Lever Action

·
Registered
88 Posts
I use to run green lifesavers on my string,when I had my X-cal. 2 weighed next to nothing. another vote for not needed. I do use them on the arrow retention springs however. Them seem to work well there.

·
8,836 Posts
Never … besides, any bow that I'd want to shoot couldn't keep a string silence on for more than a shot or two anyway. 😂

·
Registered
5,540 Posts
I couldn't keep string silencers on my CP Patriot 415 for more than 20-30 shots without them coming apart and flying off the string. I've decided to go without them. The bow may be slightly louder without them but not a lot.
Similar issue with my Barnett TS370. I positioned them and glued them in place. No longe an issue.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
As was said.... It's irrelevant to anything but the owner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts