Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My string stops on my Centerpoint sniper are about a 1/4 inch away from the string at rest. I've never had a crossbow before but owned bows and know that on vertical bows, this is not ideal for string dampening. Is this the case on others with a Centerpoint sniper 370 or do I have a problem? The crossbow seems louder than it should be, but that's a pretty subjective claim on my part, coming from shooting vertical bows.

· Registered
7,469 Posts
Welcome to CBN! The gap is not uncommon for a new Sniper. You will have some string/cable stretch that will change that. A Sniper makes about mid 80s db worth of noise which is loud by verticle bow standards and actually pretty quiet by xbow standards.

· Registered
77 Posts
Yes my Sniper 370 had a 1/4 in gap also and i called up crosman customer support andthayahad me send in my whole riser assembly to see what was going on and they sent me a new riser back. But i dont see any harm in it being like that ....

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,172 Posts
The string on my Sniper rests on the string. Added a few twists in the string but it didn't change enough to get it off the bumpers. The crossbow shoots good so I left it alone.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the responses. I'll leave it be and forgo calling Crossman about it. Will the crossbow shoot differently if I leave it cocked for couple of hours versus shooting it immediately after cocking? I'm wondering if leaving it cocked in the new string stage will stretch the strings out enough to where my POI will change.

· Registered
Excalibur Vortex 330, Centerpoint Sniper 370, Centerpoint Patriot 425
17,172 Posts
Make sure it's dead on at the range and then cock it and put it in a safe place for 8 hours. Then shoot it and see if anything changed. I would doubt that it moved any. Let us know what you find out.;)

· Registered
Centerpoint sniper 370
26 Posts
Welcome to CBN! The gap is not uncommon for a new Sniper. You will have some string/cable stretch that will change that. A Sniper makes about mid 80s db worth of noise which is loud by verticle bow standards and actually pretty quiet by xbow standards.
Hey there. I have a sniper 370. I have been recommended by two different people now to remove my string stops. They said it would cut down on vibration and noise. I was hoping to get your opinion on this and am just wondering why centerpoint would put them on there if it adds vibration and noise. Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts