Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie hear, question I have "The Block" target and shot an arrow with field point and it went more than halfway into the target and I can't get it to come out, is there a way to get it out without destroying it? and also is there something to put on the arrow beforehand? I'm shooting from 20 yards

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Newbie hear, question I have "The Block" target and shot an arrow with field point and it went more than halfway into the target and I can't get it to come out, is there a way to get it out without destroying it? and also is there something to put on the arrow beforehand? I'm shooting from 20 yards
I take an old bar of soap and use it on the arrow shaft several inches above the field point or broad-head. Works like a charm and it's cheap..

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have a Block too, same issues...

·
Registered
377 Posts
Why I bought a Big Shot Titan 18 and not a Block. LOL! Stops my 454 Gr CP arrows out of my Viper S400 like a champ at 20 yards. They don't even go in half way, and they pull right out. Get yourself a Double D Magnum Grip arrow puller and call it NO LONGER an issue, regardless of the target.

·
Registered
13,222 Posts
For future reference....get a bag target for your field points.;):)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
If you are wearing gloves with good grip set on ground with feet against target. Grab the shaft with both hands and jerk real hard. This allowed me to pull one from a 4X6 wooden post.
I have used rail lube on shafts to stop material sticking.
Next get a better target like my Delta McKenzie. Two finger pull is all it takes.

·
Registered
10,392 Posts
Actually the best way to keep them from getting stuck in a broadhead target is to not shoot a field point into it in the first place. If you shooting a bunch of broadheads in it and get it softened up they will pull out fairly easy though. I shot one into my Blob the other day in an unshot place and could not budge it until I used an arrow puller and it was still much harder than pulling the same arrow with a broadhead attached.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Broadheads and field points both pull out rather easily from my Big Shot Titan 18
Are you putting any lube on the arrow first?
I am looking for a broadhead target but I do not have the strength to fight with stuck arrows.
I call my Nephew to come pull them out LOL.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Are you putting any lube on the arrow first?
I am looking for a broadhead target but I do not have the strength to fight with stuck arrows.
I call my Nephew to come pull them out LOL.
Absolutely not. I had my D&D Magnum Grip puller on the ready, but it was not needed. Granted, it's not the biggest of targets, and I can't say for certain how long it will last, but so far I am quite happy with it. At 50 yards the size of the target wasn't remotely an issue.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts