Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ma looking for a solid reliable hunting crossbow and have narrowed it down to one of these Mission Sub-1 or Sub-1 lite. I'm not that concerned about speed. I am looking to shoot a fixed blade and a slightly heavier arrow consistently. I was hoping to use a Magnus Black Hornet broadhead would those fly good out of both? I currently have an older Tenpoint and looking for something a little narrower, but don't need blazing speed or the problems out I have heard out of some of those others. Which of these two would you recommend for fixed blade and mostly blind hunting?

·
Registered
272 Posts
After 50 year hunting with a vertical bow, I made the switch to a crossbow....Before I started my search and actually shooting a crossbow, I had made list of bows that I wanted to shoot. Ravin was at the top of my list followed by TenPoint, Excalibur and Mission was at the bottom of my list....After shooting all of the bows, Mission went to the top of my list. Speed was the least important factor in choosing my crossbow.
I shot the Sub-1 and sub-1 lite and both were good shooters. At 338 fps was all the speed i needed, so I bought the lite. I've killed 4 white tails and two hogs with pass throughs on all kills...I'm not a long range hunter, 30 yards max, with most kills in the 20 yard range. I also shoot Mission factory arrows and standard 100 grain slick tricks.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I just use my sub 1 for deer hunting for meat for the year. It's truly amazing how accurate it is standing up freehand. I have killed deer out to 65 yards. I haven't shot a whole bunch of x bows. But I can't see how it would get any better. 1 key thing for me is unloading at end of hunt it's so simple. I have to say I did buy good broadheds and arrows. rage hypodermic wyverns executioners .001.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I shoot the sub 1 with a fixed blade all three of my deer went less than 50 yds. It's just a tac driver wouldn't
switch for anything!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
What fixed blade are you using Breminnie?
3 blade Qud Exodus 125 grain. They have all been complete pass through's. the only arrow I could find was when I shot out of my tree stand. the other 2 arrows were shot out of my ground blind. Great video on youtube where the guy shoots through a metal sheet 7 times with no damage to the broadhead. I'm more than happy with them, they are just incredible.

·
Registered
449 Posts
3 blade Qud Exodus 125 grain. They have all been complete pass through's. the only arrow I could find was when I shot out of my tree stand. the other 2 arrows were shot out of my ground blind. Great video on youtube where the guy shoots through a metal sheet 7 times with no damage to the broadhead. I'm more than happy with them, they are just incredible.
Thinking about trying these...what's your arrow setup? Are you using a full blade or swept blade exodus?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use the mission factory arrows that come with lighted knocks. I cut them down to 20 inches with 125 grain Qud the total arrow wt is around 450 grams. The mission arrows come 22 inches from the factory.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts