Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No luck today on a big bruiser, but I was able to get on the board and score my first deer down with my new crossbow.

I had an 8 pt. buck at 35 yrds at 0745 hrs, and just as I was lining up a shot, a coyote spooked him. I went to plan B, which was shooting the yote, but he never presented a shot. I decided to be patient and at 0835 hrs this little doe wandered into my line of sight. She was at 35 yards with a corn pile between us. She suddenly stomped a couple of times while looking to my west, and then blew a couple of times in the same direction. I lowered my eyes and sat totally still for a couple of mins. I peeked up, out the front window of my blind, and she was gone. I continued to stare at the ground and sit as still as I could be. After 5 mins I looked up again and this time she was 10 yrds straight in front of me, staring directly at me. I continued to sit still and something to my east caught her attention. She turned her head in that direction, I raised the xbow and squeezed a shot off. She immediately hit the ground where she stood. Shot placement was a tad forward and I got BOTH shoulders. The NAP Killzome put her in the dirt though, blowing through her front shoulder then penetrating her back shoulder and about an inch of the broadhead tip had exited her skin. She immediately hit the ground right where she stood.

Not the trophies that I know that are out there, but this little slick head will eat just fine. And now back to chasing a big boy!
Canidae Deer hunting Roe deer Liver Hunting dog
Deer Deer hunting Hunting Wildlife Recreation

·
Registered
6,581 Posts
Good hunting and congratulations!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Congrats....Fine eating...

Reactions: okieshiner918

·
Registered
14,675 Posts
Congrats on your first. Now go get that big un.;)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Nice work!! Congratulations on a good hunt.

I’m in NE Oklahoma. Have killed four so far with my Excalibur Exomax crossbow. One was from my Ameristep Doghouse Ground Blind. What Ground Blind do you use?

Bill

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice work!! Congratulations on a good hunt.

I’m in NE Oklahoma. Have killed four so far with my Excalibur Exomax crossbow. One was from my Ameristep Doghouse Ground Blind. What Ground Blind do you use?

Bill
Man we have so many different ones set up on that farm, but I think that one is an Ameristep Bone Collector if I remember right.

Reactions: ko4nrbs

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That spot is basically between Skiatook and Sperry. Whereabouts are you hunting?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oologha and near Chelsea but mostly near the lake .
Are you hunting public land or private? I have seen more than one pic form the WMA around Verdigris where some BIG bucks were taken this year.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Since my season is over & I figured out during my hunts that I don't need the magnification of a scope on the farm we hunt, I switched the CP scope out for a red dot reticle. Is anyone else using a red dot??? Next step..... switching all the furniture over to a coyote tan color.
Gun Rifle Shooting sport Shooting Air gun

1 - 16 of 16 Posts