Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. New member here- purchase a r29x a few months ago paired with a sig sauer bdx range/scope combo and love it. Finally got my ravin 100 grain titanium Broadheads in today, I always “waste” a few of a new type of head in actual usage on a target before I’ll ever hunt with it. I literally opened the pack , removed two locked heads, screwed onto shaft, and not only were they not up to par with accuracy- neither deployed!!! Any suggestions on a good field point tune Broadhead that’s reliable with this bow? Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I saw on YouTube where he said they were supposed to have 100yd accuracy Just like the crossbows. I have had good luck with several different mechanicals in my crossbows but I’m not shooting that far, most any of them stay accurate at 30 yards or so

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a reply. After discussions with rifle nut and numerous others, I’ve ordered thorn 2.2 rift crossbow heads and rage no collar. I’m going to be doing testing on a carcass with jeans with all 3, I’ll post results next week from 20-70 yards

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have killed deer with my crossbow with vortex, spitfire, rage, just nasty by dead ringer and maybe some others. I shoot the heaviest gold tip bolt I can find. I think it’s the nitro and Have had a couple Barnett crossbows 350-400fps and I have no real trouble. Most of my shots are less than 35 yards. I shoot 125gr head. I’ve also seen reviews where dead meat by G5 flies well and has practice tips. I think the bigger spitfires would be a good flying head but got to have a pass through with them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts