Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to upgrade my scope. I like the idea of having a single crosshair or a red dot but I'm open to different reticles as long as they don't seem too busy. I like to keep things simple. I'm not too concerned with magnification because most shots will be less than 30 yards and low light. I either want fixed power or maybe 1-4x variable. I don't mind red dots or scopes I use both frequently with firearms but with xbows I really don't know what will be better. I'd like to stay around $200 if possible. Any suggestions?

·
2,796 Posts
For simple, I like my Leupolds with heavy duplex. I can see the reticle plainly on the dark side of legal where I hunt (looked through the scope many times, I’m sure of this). Scopes are bright and clear enough to help me see, unlike red dots, which my eyes don’t like all that much. I sight the crosshairs on at 30, then adjust power so the upper and lower duplex points are 20 and 40. Most of my deer shots are under 25 with the deer at least walking slowly.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I use Leupold 1.5-5x20's with heavy duplex on my crossbows. I sight them in at 25 yards. I try to keep shots at 30 yards or less.

I have a Leupold Vari-x-IIc 1-4x20, matte, heavy duplex, shotgun scope that I would sell for $175.00 plus shipping. I just got it back from Leupold on 8-19-20.

I can e-mail pics if you are interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts