Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to a crossbow and not sure I understand how the fiber optic pin sight needs to go together and how you make adjustments to sight in the bow. I went to crossbow.com and reviewed the documents there, but I'd like to see a more detailed drawing or picture of the sight pin properly installed.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
Howdy and welcome to the site. Is everything already attached securely to the bow? If not, start there. Then, to move the pin, it screws to tighten and loosen so up and down will be the big knob things. The sight pen will be the pen itself.
Whatever direction you need to get your arrow to move, follow that direction with your adjustments. Example: You need your arrow to go more left. Move the pen more left and shoot to see how much more you need to move it. If you need your arrow to drop lower, move the pen lower. Does that help?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply. Right now the large knob and lock washer are on the outside to the left. Inside that there is another knurled knob and washer up against the guide post. On the other side of the guide post is just a piece that fits into the slot of the guide post. Is this correctly assembled? If so, it seems everytime I want to make a minor adjustment to sight in the bow, when I loosen the large knob everything moves.

·
Obsessed Huntress
5,583 Posts
I haven't seen that kind of assembly in about 5 years so I either need a picture or wait until Hoss or Lady Horton gets on here tomorrow. I'm a visual type of person.

·
310 Posts
mooseofark said:
Thanks for the reply. Right now the large knob and lock washer are on the outside to the left. Inside that there is another knurled knob and washer up against the guide post. On the other side of the guide post is just a piece that fits into the slot of the guide post. Is this correctly assembled? If so, it seems everytime I want to make a minor adjustment to sight in the bow, when I loosen the large knob everything moves.
Mooseofark,
Welcome to the sight!!!
First, the large knob is for elevation changes, and the small knob is for windage changes. The Large knob should be on the left of the braket (looking from the butt stock), and the small knob should be on the left of that. It sounds like the knobs are reversed.
When sighting in, only snug the large knob to allow you to make fine adjustments to the windage easier. If the elevation knob is too tight, it will make windage adjustments hard to do. Use a pencil to mark current locations when sighting in just in-case you loosen too far. This will give you a reference to get back to.
Good luck, and welcome again.

Thanks,
Hoss

1 - 5 of 5 Posts