Crossbow Nation banner

Which Excalibur

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro Suppressor. Excalibur Micro Mag 340
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have an Excalibur Micro Suppressor. I HAD an Excalibur Ibex that was my back-up, but in a brief fit of total insanity I traded it away to a friend. So now, I will be getting another Excalibur, it may become the primary or it may become the backup. Not sure yet.

I know the 380 comes with the new ceasefire trigger. Not sure it is worth the extra $300 over the 340.

So, I need reasons for or against each one to help my informed opinion. I have researched and researched and I honestly go back and forth daily on which one to get. And no, I will not buy both, but can see myself with the other one next year.

This survey is for the two Excaliburs. Don't try to push Centerpoint, Ravin, Wicked Rdige, Scorpyd, etc. Etc. Etc. I have never had anything but Excalibur and will keep it that way.

Thanks

·
5,515 Posts
Don’t see the survey, but…

You have a Suppressor 355. The 340 is very nice, more easily rope cockable, and less expensive. What it isn’t is an upgrade from the 355. The 380 is, from the features and what I read. If you can rope cock it, all the better. If not, Charger time! ;)

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
Id go to a shop and shoot both of them if I was looking. I would probably be leaning towards the 380 merely for the little extra speed which IMO would give me a few extra yards on a shot at a deer. I aint really about speed or distance but that little extra umph might be nice.;) But like I said, I'd have to cock and shoot 'em before I made up my mind. Good luck deciding.:)

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
My vote would be for the 340 it will be a lot easier to rope cock and it is a great performer. I've had the Micro 355 and the 335 and the 335 was my favorite and it was a lot easier to cock and shoot, I couldn't imagine having to rope cock a Micro 380 at a 20 arrow shooting session, If you're going to the Charger Crank it wouldn't really matter. Good luck on your decision you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Don’t see the survey, but…

You have a Suppressor 355. The 340 is very nice, more easily rope cockable, and less expensive. What it isn’t is an upgrade from the 355. The 380 is, from the features and what I read. If you can rope cock it, all the better. If not, Charger time! ;)
As much as I love my MAG340 I agree with this 100%. Any reason you didnt consider the 400 Suppressor TD, its currently on my purchase radar.

·
3,643 Posts
The 380 model is a good choice because it has HO limbs and the new Ceasefire tricker. You get reliability in your limbs and for heavier arrows the opportunity to shoot the 340 model factory at max speed
Exactly!

·
Registered
16,354 Posts
They dont have trigger techs so how much creep and how heavy a pull does these bows' triggers have? Just curious............

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
I see no shortcomings with the 340. More than fast enough, effective at any distance you'll need. The $100's of dollars you save over the other models will allow you to purchase more arrows, broadheads & strings.
X2 I could not be happier with my 340. Rope cocking is not bad at all for me.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I see no shortcomings with the 340. More than fast enough, effective at any distance you'll need.
X2 I could not be happier with my 340. Rope cocking is not bad at all for me.
Aside from the crappy cheek weld, the trigger on my MAG340 was the only other thing that I really couldnt stand. Seems to be hit or miss with creep on the factory trigger, mine needed to go.

·
Registered
Excalibur Equinox, Micro Mag 340
502 Posts
Aside from the crappy cheek weld, the trigger on my MAG340 was the only other thing that I really couldnt stand. Seems to be hit or miss with creep on the factory trigger, mine needed to go.
The $20 adjustable cheek rest is a must IMO. My trigger didn't have creep, but was initially a little heavy. After a couple hundred shots, it has broken in pretty darn nicely!

·
Registered
Excalibur Micro 355 Suppressor
353 Posts
I haven't shot the 380 yet, but I have shot several 340's a few 360's and of course the 355's. I had a hand in quite a few guys buying the 340's and a 360.
However...
If...I could talk "The Boss" into letting me get a new toy, I'd probably buy the 380.
(I've already been looking 👀 at them, but don't tell her!!) 😏
I hear the trigger is VERY good! Not too sure about the nocks on the new arrows, and I hear lighted nocks for this new cease-fire trigger are a tad Expensive!! 😒
Hopefully someone comes up with a good lighted nock the average guy can afford!
But with all of that being said, I just might. :unsure:
I like my arrows on the heavy side, so I think the 380 just might be just the ticket for flinging them down range at Big Uglies!

But then again, it might get tough to rope cock during an all-day session at the range. The 340 is easy on the back.
And I already have a crank if I ever need one...

Decisions, decisions, decisions!!! 🤣😂🤣

1 - 20 of 43 Posts