Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m going to try out the swat broadheads this year. I’m trying to decide between the A4 and the XMAG. I believe they are identical cutting diameter but the X has thicker blades. I’ve read of a lot of verticle guys using the A4 and getting pass thrus so thinking the thinner blades help with that. I will be using my Horton Storm which is rated at 370 and Bees. Thanks

·
Registered
323 Posts
I've been using SWAT heads for a couple years now. Started with the X4 and now using the Ballistics... awesome heads.. always had passthroughs..even from my Excalibur Bulldog 330..

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
I use the xmag and live them. I have a friend that used the a4 and sweats by it. I think you would be good with either one.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I ordered the A4 with the new practice head. Can’t wait to see what they do.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Either broadhead will work great. Started out with A4, now shoot the Xbow Mags for my Scorpyd Aculeous 160 and MiniMags with my Scorpyd Nemesis 140. I use the mil bands and not the clear bands. Absolutely great broadheads.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Both are top shelf! I prefer the X Mags. Will try the chisel tip X Mags next year probably...I hate fixing things that aren’t broken

1 - 9 of 9 Posts