Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve been shooting Swat Broadheads now for 6 years using the A4 initially and then the X Mag with the cut on contact tips. Used to be a Broadhead Junkie but no more as these kill quick with total devastation. The main body of the Broadheads hold up extremely well and the primary blades pretty much always stay intact and if bone or shoulder is encountered on the off side the secondary blades will bend but I’ve never had a blade break. The holes are massive and the game with a good shot rarely goes more then 40 to 50 yards. On this trip my son’s Pronhorn went 20 yards, mine was perfectly double lunged and went 70 yards. The Mule Deer I shot went 40 yards and the Whitetail made it
Sky Plant Natural material Deer Grass
Nose Skin Lip Mouth Eyelash
Head Gesture Art Paint Fashion accessory
Cloud Sky Plant Wood Tree
35 yards. Enclosed are some pics that tell the real story. These Broadheads are the best mechanicals I’ve ever used and absolutely do “Drain Your Game”!!
Head Hand Eye Leg Human body
Wood Everyday carry Knife Blade Gun accessory
Plant Eye Petal Dress Gesture

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
They have served me well so far too. Excellent head!!!! May just be the best mechanical out there right now.

Congrats!

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
They are the best in business IMO. I use the Moabs exclusively now as they protect the arrow shaft but work exactly the same as the xmag chisel tip. Haven’t had a deer run further then 50 yards yet.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Wow great shots that you made on fantastic animals! I have Swat X Mags on board for my R29, I hope to get a chance to see for myself this season how great that they work.

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Wow great shots that you made on fantastic animals! I have Swat X Mags on board for my R29, I hope to get a chance to see for myself this season how great that they work.
I have a r29 also. Do this broadhead fly the same as your field tips?

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
I wish they made a true 125 grain not just the weighted adapter. that extra 25 grains they could be the blades or furral

·
Registered
528 Posts
Looks like they punch some great holes and hold up pretty well hitting bones. The price of a single broadhead isn't too high when you consider a short tracking job and being able to find your game at the end of the blood trail. Congrats on some nice deer and thanks for sharing

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Nice review of cutting performance. Looks like the type hole that puts them down fast.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Great heads for sure Ron…you got me started on them snd I haven’t looked back! I do agree the 25 grain collars may make the Production of the heads easier but it sure isn’t as great for the consumer.

·
3,226 Posts
Next time i order arrows adding FOC to my arrows is going to factor in. The Swat X mag are killers but my 400's like heavy FOC. I can shoot them now and they shoot good but not as good as the heavier FOC's.

I killed my biggest buck ever rack and body size and he didn't go 45 yds and dropped dead in the middle of a cut hay field.Using the Sway X mags.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
I just ordered 6 more early this morning when I realized I only had one left! Best head I've ever used by far!!!

Reactions: Regohio

·
Registered
348 Posts
I just bought the MOAB’s to try this year. Really pleased with how the practice heads shoot. 1 inch groups at 40 yards! I did sacrifice one head to compare and they fly exact as the practice heads. The broad head did however really mess up my target, won’t be testing any more heads. Lol

·
3,226 Posts
I shot my glued up Swat X Mag a little bit today. I learned something about my 8 year old bows lol. If i hold the bow tight and keep the crosshairs on the bull until the arrow hits. The Swat shoot as good as the FOC's at 70 yds and closer.

I'll shoot some more tomorrow. I might use the Swat X Mags when i start back hunting next week.

I do like the cut of the Swat better.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I shot my glued up Swat X Mag a little bit today. I learned something about my 8 year old bows lol. If i hold the bow tight and keep the crosshairs on the bull until the arrow hits. The Swat shoot as good as the FOC's at 70 yds and closer.

I'll shoot some more tomorrow. I might use the Swat X Mags when i start back hunting next week.

I do like the cut of the Swat better.
Sounds good Joe...we are going to have some nice Cold Mornings starting Sunday! Woo Who...put them SWATs into action!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts