Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts
Small = Less $$, right @OLDFLYER?
Less material, less build time equates to lower price tag.
Makes sense to me.

So if the Swat XP was $1k, this one should be $800-ish?
(y)o_O
Just yankin' yer chain.

·
Premium Member
2,337 Posts

·
5,057 Posts
With my 3 kids always using my SWAT XP....small sounds good
I appreciated the smallness of the SWAT compared to hunting with my Aculeus 460 & BD400.
When all 3 xbows were shooting with optimal arrow setups,there was negliable accuracy differences.
But the SWAT was just so much easier to carry and to use in stands and blinds, than the other 2 were.
Then came the XP came along and even easier to carry than the 3 others.
Then came along the X1 and was ...........

Sometimes, third time is charm.

·
5,057 Posts
SWAT XP. Without question, it wasn’t ready for introduction at introduction. Just like some much more established companies’ higher end bows. However, unlike some of these other bows, the company came up with a quick, effective answer - new cables. Further insurance can be easily obtained by slightly detuning. It‘s still fast, and is even more pleasant to use.

Using my normal, obsessive string and cable care, I’ve gotten over 1,000 shots and 100s of hours cocked, on the current, KI XP cables and string. So, KI quickly solved the problem. However, the XP has some design areas that coud be improved upon. I spent a solid month, virtually day and night, with 2 preproduction XPs, but too late to make any production inputs. Others, most on this board with far more expertise than I, also gave KI lots of input. In addition, Jeff A and KI engineers, a new KI cam expert, and Jason all brainstormed the strengths and weaknesses of the SWAT and SWAT XP as well as being responsive to the market and came up with the X1.

The KI revealing will surprise many, in particular, other manufacturers.

TWO DAYS LEFT !!

·
1,790 Posts
SWAT XP. Without question, it wasn’t ready for introduction at introduction. Just like some much more established companies’ higher end bows. However, unlike some of these other bows, the company came up with a quick, effective answer - new cables. Further insurance can be easily obtained by slightly detuning. It‘s still fast, and is even more pleasant to use.

Using my normal, obsessive string and cable care, I’ve gotten over 1,000 shots and 100s of hours cocked, on the current, KI XP cables and string. So, KI quickly solved the problem. However, the XP has some design areas that coud be improved upon. I spent a solid month, virtually day and night, with 2 preproduction XPs, but too late to make any production inputs. Others, most on this board with far more expertise than I, also gave KI lots of input. In addition, Jeff A and KI engineers, a new KI cam expert, and Jason all brainstormed the strengths and weaknesses of the SWAT and SWAT XP as well as being responsive to the market and came up with the X1.

The KI revealing will surprise many, in particular, other manufacturers.

TWO DAYS LEFT !!
Especially other manufacturers. Cool. They tried to ignore and black-ball my stuff for over 20 years. Well, that's going to come to an end. 😁

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Especially other manufacturers. Cool. They tried to ignore and black-ball my stuff for over 20 years. Well, that's going to come to an end. 😁
Jeff,,,,,,,do'n some well deserved, butt boot'n!!!!....... In a kinda, sorta way!!!! Congrats, man!!!!!!!

Wish'n you the best!!!
KTK

·
Registered
685 Posts
Can’t wait to see it👍🏻
+1
I just never could reach enough of a comfort level with the XP to pull the trigger on buying one but something tells me the X1 could be my next crossbow.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts