Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
How does this Xbow cock? Anything on the CCD?

Reactions: dynamo61

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
First I like the bow. But side by side specs versus the xp might be hard to justify an extra $400 for some folks. I know it's smaller but the xp is already darn small.

Maybe they'll be phasing the xp out though.
The XP1 has "milder CAMS' so to speak.
I believe that is the key to longer limb life and a smoother, more accurate shot.
The XP has a big, almost 90 degree turn in the CAMS, which can cause serving separation and even wear in the very first XP release, before the CAMS were sanded/machined down and switched to thinner servings.

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
281 Posts
Then buy it and when she hits the roof lead her to the closet and point at her shoes.
The wifey is already coming around to the idea of the X1! Read her a post SEW wrote about it being the safest bow on the market. Since the accident I had was crossbow related she is all about safety now. The creaking and cracking when the XP is cocking makes her nervous, I just turn my head and listen for the clicks when it latches. 👰 😊

·
9,766 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
The wifey is already coming around to the idea of the X1! Read her a post SEW wrote about it being the safest bow on the market. Since the accident I had was crossbow related she is all about safety now. The creaking and cracking when the XP is cocking makes her nervous, I just turn my head and listen for the clicks when it latches. 👰 😊

Good work, Bro!!!

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
What ever it takes!!!

Like when I wanted my 4 G sound system in my Tundra!!!! I told her it would help keep me awake at the wheel!!!!! She bought it,,,kinda.....lol...now it keeps others awake too!!!!

·
Registered
146 Posts
Lol you guys are out of control! Me and the wife have separate money she can spend money on crap that doesn't make sense to me and I don't complain but that means I get to do the same. That doesn't mean I don't catch some looks when a new shotgun or something walks through the door 😅

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Lol you guys are out of control! Me and the wife have separate money she can spend money on crap that doesn't make sense to me and I don't complain but that means I get to do the same. That doesn't mean I don't catch some looks when a new shotgun or something walks through the door 😅
"Out of control"!!!........ Dude! You ain't seen nothin yet!!!

·
9,766 Posts
We did that ... back when I was a 22 year old and married. I had my "Snow Plow" account for mad money. I had been plowing snow since I first started driving. Bought whatever I wanted. Wound up buying 10's of thousands of dollars worth of furniture for "us"... that she got all of in the divorce. The judge let me keep my old 21' open boat in return. Sounded fair right?...lol Maybe in a friggen parallel universe! :oops: 😂

·
3,237 Posts
While I don’t really need to justify, I have a few guns I haven’t used in years, and a nice ‘94 Winny I literally can’t use with my left TSR. Got some time to move them and save. Might just be an early adopter on the x1, and take my chances. Help Mr. Anderson buy a new pair of socks. ;) I will have a local shop to take the SWAT in case of trouble, and 4 other crossbows to make sure I don’t miss any hunting time.:)

61 - 80 of 101 Posts