Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since KI are sold out of arrows for the swat xp I ordered some nocks from them. What would be a good arrow to use for it?

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Ya can't do any better then pimp'n it out with some Tapps!!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
As stated custom build arrows are available at tapp nation. I looked into them and probably would have ordered some except for due to this being their busy time of the year there is a three to four week turnaround unless you expedite them.

Black eagles are a good choice as they are the required.300 ID for the arc nocks. I had some victory decimater arrows available that I used. I fletched them with 3” fusion vanes,straight clamp with 1 degree offset. Keep in mind that any vane you use can’t be over 9/16” because any higher than that and the arrow won’t slide down the accutec barrel. They are working good for me.

Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
392 Posts
Since KI are sold out of arrows for the swat xp I ordered some nocks from them. What would be a good arrow to use for it?
They are sold out? I heard they were hung up in customs?

Sold out would not be good.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

·
4,775 Posts
Last week, Jason told me that they had just cleared customs. I’ll try to find out.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They are sold out? I heard they were hung up in customs?

Sold out would not be good.

All I know is last week their website said “preorder now”. It’s now back to saying “unavailable” but still says they were to be released back on the 15th.

I called CS about three weeks ago and was told was told they should be released within a week. That’s when I decided to order the nocks to make some up.

·
Registered
392 Posts
All I know is last week their website said “preorder now”. It’s now back to saying “unavailable” but still says they were to be released back on the 15th.

I called CS about three weeks ago and was told was told they should be released within a week. That’s when I decided to order the nocks to make some up.

They have to be coming. I just hope the pre-orders didn't exceed what is coming.

The arrows are fine for me, nice tight patterns @60, and very tight at 30 and under for hunting. Farther than that, the deer win that round with me.

·
Registered
115 Posts
They have to be coming. I just hope the pre-orders didn't exceed what is coming.

The arrows are fine for me, nice tight patterns @60, and very tight at 30 and under for hunting. Farther than that, the deer win that round with me.

I agree the factory arrows shoot really well. I ordered more when I picked up my bow but with the season under way I need more than just three arrows.

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree the factory arrows shoot really well. I ordered more when I picked up my bow but with the season under way I need more than just three arrows.

Totally understood. Get some AL nocks and some of the guys here have suggested good alternatives for shafts. I hope you get set up with a few!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Can you buy pre made arrows not the swat xp arrows but Any other brand and only put the nocks in. I wouldn't trust myself to build an arrow from scratch

·
Registered
115 Posts
Can you buy pre made arrows not the swat xp arrows but Any other brand and only put the nocks in. I wouldn't trust myself to build an arrow from scratch
The biggest problem is the vanes. Most pre made ones are too high to work properly. Eric at South Shore archery aka Tapp Nation is the only one I know of right now building arrows specifically for the xp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
248 Posts
The biggest problem is the vanes. Most pre made ones are too high to work properly. Eric at South Shore archery aka Tapp Nation is the only one I know of right now building arrows specifically for the xp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brilliant thank you. Does he ship to the Uk do you know?

·
4,775 Posts
Nocks are available from KI. Vanes need to be need to be appx 0.50” or less. Actually, they can go a bit more but not Blazer heighth. Offset. 1 degree is ideal but 3” and below can go with a bit more offset.
For broadheads, the arrow length needs to be at least 22” and no shorter.
The nocks are certainly unique in design. With a well twisted string,I’m not having center serving opening. Do keep the center serving lubricated on both sides.
I keep seeing pictures of the serving open and being chaged around the 90 degree bend. My 2nd generation cables only have slight opening and no chafing at the infamous 90 degree bend. The new tighter serving and smaller dismeter strings and cables should pretty well solve this problem.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Nocks are available from KI. Vanes need to be need to be appx 0.50” or less. Actually, they can go a bit more but not Blazer heighth. Offset. 1 degree is ideal but 3” and below can go with a bit more offset.
For broadheads, the arrow length needs to be at least 22” and no shorter.
The nocks are certainly unique in design. With a well twisted string,I’m not having center serving opening. Do keep the center serving lubricated on both sides.
I keep seeing pictures of the serving open and being chaged around the 90 degree bend. My 2nd generation cables only have slight opening and no chafing at the infamous 90 degree bend. The new tighter serving and smaller dismeter strings and cables should pretty well solve this problem.
Thank you so much for your help.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have decided to look at building a unique arrow designed specifically for the swat XP :rolleyes:

Samples on the way so let the fun begin!

·
Registered
248 Posts
If they work out will you be selling them I was think of when my swat xp gets here to try 500gn bolts do you think the swat xp will be able to cope with a heavy bolt

·
Registered
245 Posts
If they work out will you be selling them I was think of when my swat xp gets here to try 500gn bolts do you think the swat xp will be able to cope with a heavy bolt
The idea came from Sew & Bmiller who are members here. The arrow will work with field points, the question is will its unique design increase accuracy with broadheads? Its one of those things where one guy sets the stage by pointing out a unique attribute of a bow and the next guy goes, what if?

Im not looking for increased field point accuracy alone, I am looking to do something that has never been done, screw on any quality broadhead and get the same POI with field points without having to mess with anything.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts