Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,274 Posts
Turn off the phones, turn on the answering machines, draw the blinds, call in sick to work, give the significant other the credit card to get out of the house for the day (no wait, that could be a big mistake) and enjoy the day with your new xbow!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The xbow got delivered today at 14.31 I have been in the garden all day it 18.05 now and I must have shot it about 200 times lol no problems yet so fingers crossed lol but I am delighted with it I havent shot it through the chrono yet but I can see its way faster than my old recurve and I love this. To be honest though this is my first compound so I have nothing else to base this on. But I love this thing so once covid is over I am already to come to the US I also purchased the slayer case too and everything came together fantastic

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got mine 2 days ago. I had a HHA Optimizer I had not used in the package sitting around. Threw the Vortex Viper XBR scope on it. I am using BEE with low profile 3" vanes on it. It's on the money at 60 yards.
If it holds up and no issues it will be a hard to beat xbow for the $$$$

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's very accurate took me about 10 to 15 shots getting it dialed in but I was shooting freehand my bog pod was in the shed and thought I would just try freehand but I will sit down tomorrow before I goto work with the bog pod and spend some decent time with it but is very accurate right now but as I say I will do it properly tomorrow as I was just desperate to get shots through it I have been waiting since Feb for this xbow

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Once I get it dialed in on the bog pod I will upload some pictures (if I can) on here and show the accuracy of this crossbow

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got mine 2 days ago. I had a HHA Optimizer I had not used in the package sitting around. Threw the Vortex Viper XBR scope on it. I am using BEE with low profile 3" vanes on it. It's on the money at 60 yards.
If it holds up and no issues it will be a hard to beat xbow for the $$$$
I don't think you can get a better crossbow for the money, I looked about and yes I could have spent 2x or even 3x the amount of money I did but are you really getting a better crossbow or just a pricier one. Until deer or any pray animal starts wearing body armour then this little crossbow will be perfect for it. Now each to their own but I don't want to spend 3000 on a crossbow when I can spend a 1000 on one just as good alright the might cock to smaller diameters but is that really worth 2x or even 3x the money when you will either be in a blind or stand. In my opinion it's not worth the extra money but as I have said each to their own

·
Registered
62 Posts
I don't think you can get a better crossbow for the money, I looked about and yes I could have spent 2x or even 3x the amount of money I did but are you really getting a better crossbow or just a pricier one. Until deer or any pray animal starts wearing body armour then this little crossbow will be perfect for it. Now each to their own but I don't want to spend 3000 on a crossbow when I can spend a 1000 on one just as good alright the might cock to smaller diameters but is that really worth 2x or even 3x the money when you will either be in a blind or stand. In my opinion it's not worth the extra money but as I have said each to their own
I'm having one replaced right now and hope this one works out. But I couldn't agree more. I have hunted with a sniper for 3yrs and wanted to upgrade but never felt like I would be getting much for my money (without spending enough to buy a nice browning ou) until I came across this bow. Like the compactness for shooting from small stands and blinds and the barrel system making it impossible to knock that bolt of the rail. And included crank because that's easy easier if you can't stand to use the rope cocker.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm having one replaced right now and hope this one works out. But I couldn't agree more. I have hunted with a sniper for 3yrs and wanted to upgrade but never felt like I would be getting much for my money (without spending enough to buy a nice browning ou) until I came across this bow. Like the compactness for shooting from small stands and blinds and the barrel system making it impossible to knock that bolt of the rail. And included crank because that's easy easier if you can't stand to use the rope cocker.
I think it's a brilliant crossbow for the price I really do even though this is my first venture into a compound crossbow I looked at all the big name ones ravin tenpoint and barnett but for the money and features this I think tops them all, I think I have shot about 300 shots from it since I got it yesterday in my garden and touch wood everything has been fine so far. I noticed some people where getting split limbs. But this crossbow has been like a machine just keeps churning out pinpoint accuracy at 35yrds all day long

·
4,768 Posts
Keep the string and cables waxed or lub’d well. Pay special attention to the serving within the rail. Partially draw the bow, lock the cams and twist the string 6-8 turns tighter. If questions, PM Jeff Anderson (Oldflyer).

·
4,768 Posts
Make it more challenging, and double the distance!! LOL Take down a fence or two even to get the distance.....Tell the neighbors you're just trying to be 'more friendly'!!
My “fence” when I lived in England was a rock wall. Myyard was called a “garden” , but i had a huge garden. It was called a garden also. ??

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
My “fence” when I lived in England was a rock wall. Myyard was called a “garden” , but i had a huge garden. It was called a garden also. ??
Call it a shooting range!!!!! Gardens are too much work!!!

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I have a property here that's roughly 160 acres but my garden is about 5 acres(roughly) so I don't need to take a fence down lol I have 3d targets set all over the place but just now I was just wanting to get accustomed to the bow and see how it performs before I try extreme distances

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
SEW did you like Scotland when you came? Parts of Scotland are stunning. If you go way up north and go to the beach it's absolutely stunning.. Crystal clear blue water and the whitest sand you will ever see, its like being in Barbados except for the weather lol we get 1 day of sun a year then we moan that it's too hot lol we are a fickle bunch but we are friendly to everyone well except ourselves lol

1 - 20 of 37 Posts