Crossbow Nation banner

641 - 660 of 733 Posts

·
1,303 Posts
So it actually does effect the POI or you would not have to zero back in. Does the higher rings cause the POI to go up or down before rezeroing?
The long answer;
The scope is mounted to the bow at 0.65 degrees which does not mean anything except for "matter of fact".
If you raise the entire scope up with scope rings that are 1/2" taller, the POI would be 1/2" low. As I am a type of perfectionist, (German descent) :D, if I took a scope off and replaced the scope rings and then remounted the scope, I would be re-zeroing and/or double checking POI.
Let's just say that your two scope rings are 4" apart. If one ring is 0.003" (1-1/2 times the thickness of a human hair) taller or shorter, that equates to a 1" POI difference at 40 yards which does not include that 1/2" low POI with 1/2" taller rings.

The short answer;
You change the rings, check and/or re-zero your scope.

·
Registered
9,696 Posts
Reason I am asking is I bottomed out my vertical on a scope and shimmed it with 3 layers of a drink can to get it sighted in. I was thinking about going to some High rings to see it it might help.

·
1,491 Posts
Robert, something is really wrong if you have bottom out your horizontal adjustment. Optical quality is better at the center of a scope. All optics gain aberrations towards the edges of the lenses.

·
1,491 Posts
Changing to higher rings will change POI. It will cause POI to hit lower.
That is true if your arrow and line of sight were parallel but they converge and the line of sight goes lower past the intersection of the 2 lines.

·
1,303 Posts
Quick question guys: Does going to higher scope rings effect your vertical POI?
I will try my best to explain it better than I did in my post #641 (Yes, I am a crazy German ;))

Picture your crossbow in a vice where it cannot move in the least bit. At 40 yards (any yardage will work for this explanation), the cross-hairs are dead on with the POI (point of impact) of the arrow. Now, without removing the bow from the vice, change the scope rings to a set that are 1/2" taller. The point of aim (POA) will now be 1/2" higher at that 40 yards which will now show that the POI will be 1/2" lower.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
So if I put a Pepsi can shim on the back and 2 Coke can shims on ther front what is my poi now??? Im not sure either but its time for a cold one !

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
It’s mostly Corona here. It’s been greatly discounted.
Cool, feel free to stop by here for a cold one!

20200801_181625.jpg

Reactions: SEW

·
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Update. Last Monday, July 27, we did 4 hours of filming of the SWAT XP at my house/range. 2 Tac-A-Cams and an iPhone. Sent it to the editors ( not KI, but people who compile videos) and they didn’t like parts of the sound. They will be here tomorrow’s Aug 3, our 52nd wedding anniversary , to revideo with their equipment. 4 hours in sweltering heat - lost!

Now, over 200 shots on new string/cables & doing well. Somewhere back in the 600+ posts on this or a previous thread, weights were asked. I individually weighed each.
The actual weights are:

SWAT XP -6# 12 oz , w/o stirrup

Stirrup - 9 oz

Scope/rings 1# 2 oz

7# 14 oz with scope only, no stirrup

8# 7 oz with scope and stirrup

·
Registered
329 Posts
Bit sensitive? Where was there an insult? I asked an honest question. It’s ok, carry on with your infomercial.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Disgusting. I quit posting because of bad attitudes, you obviously have one.

SEW (and others) are giving an honest assessment of the bow, yet you keep dropping the "informercial" comments.

It's obvious you have a beef with KI and/or SEW, take it up via pm and quit trying to hijack a great test post.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
4,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #655 (Edited)
It’s no secret that the SWAT XP’s introduction was marred by the String and Cable issue and by the Clovid-19 delays both in Taiwan and Michigan.
I think the S&C issue was a shock to KI since as the original SWAT had excellent S&Cs. But, there was a second problem here about which I’m getting a # of private inquiries.
The strings and cables I’m testing/using are slightly larger than what I understand KI has gone with. Note: smaller is better. I’ve polished the edges of the cam where the cable attaches - the 90 degree bend area. I lightly filed all around and then polished with a rubber wheel on my Dremel. Don has done the same and I believe the same with Sam. Tom is doing so tomorrow. The groove down inside is just fine but the edges were sharp. Additionally, I polished the area (Cam edge where the string comes off the cam) where the string comes off the cam.
200 shots later, all is going well. At first, I used Scorpin Venom products but switched over to Trident Silicon and after over 50 shots it still looked good.
When KI sends out the bows, they’ll have these areas attended to and with even thinner strings and cables than I currently have. There should be nothing needed from the new owners but to shoot them and keep the strings and cables well lubricated.
‘Hope this clears up any questions.

·
Registered
2,356 Posts
Doesnt clear it completely up for me......why are ALL of you polishing these cams....are they that bad? In other words,is KI adressing this 90 degree sharp edged cam issue? Are they currently changing cams? will there be aftermarket cams? Surely were not expected to hand polish our own cams to keep strings in good shape...

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
A reread for ya, Waps....

When KI sends out the bows, they’ll have these areas attended to and with even thinner strings and cables than I currently have. There should be nothing needed from the new owners but to shoot them and keep the strings and cables well lubricated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
It’s no secret that the SWAT XP’s introduction was marred by the String and Cable issue and by the Clovid-19 delays both in Taiwan and Michigan.
I think the S&C issue was a shock to KI since as the original SWAT had excellent S&Cs. But, there was a second problem here about which I’m getting a # of private inquiries.
The strings and cables I’m testing/using are slightly larger than what I understand KI has gone with. Note: smaller is better. I’ve polished the edges of the cam where the cable attaches - the 90 degree bend area. I lightly filed all around and then polished with a rubber wheel on my Dremel. Don has done the same and I believe the same with Sam. Tom is doing so tomorrow. The groove down inside is just fine but the edges were sharp. Additionally, I polished the area (Cam edge where the string comes off the cam) where the string comes off the cam.
200 shots later, all is going well. At first, I used Scorpin Venom products but switched over to Trident Silicon and after over 50 shots it still looked good.
‘Hope this clears up any questions.
I'm not sure what KI is doing on the center serving

They requested a full bulk roll of my .031 serving.

And I was possibly getting 2000 strings to redo the center serving

But if they are changing the string design I doubt they will need them

I have 10 bulk rolls of .031 in route so center serving material will be available

If they go another route I may have a sale on platnium serving soon🤣

·
Registered
204 Posts
This has been a very good read/post.
From the looks of it, K.I. will be addressing the areas of concern found by the testers prior to the bow being released. I'd rather see a later release date, then a rush job with a bunch of folks having issues almost immediately.
Keep up the great work guys!

·
1,491 Posts
This has been a very good read/post.
From the looks of it, K.I. will be addressing the areas of concern found by the testers prior to the bow being released. I'd rather see a later release date, then a rush job with a bunch of folks having issues almost immediately.
Keep up the great work guys!
There is only one area of real concern and that is where the cable does a 90 degree. The OE cable was thick enough than the cam lean caused the cable serving to be kissed by the cable track edge. KI is polishing that edge to create a slight radius. Talking to KI, it would appear that (and it is apparent) that the problem was borderline and tolerance stacking pushed some bows and not all to the point where the serving was damaged. KI is being very responsive and responsible.

641 - 660 of 733 Posts