Crossbow Nation banner

121 - 140 of 217 Posts

·
1,230 Posts
I didn't mean a sled for the XP... Instead of just using rope cockers that worked with wide ATA bows, I meant if someone wanted to get into manufacturing rope cockers specifically made for bows with tight string angles that pinch hooks and sleds such as the KI Furious Pro 9.5, CP400, Scorpyd, Sub-1 etc... and maybe a good material would be Teflon. My bad, what I am thinking doesn't always get printed... I'll stick with videos... Videos are worth how many words??? lol
No problems my friend.

·
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #122
Seems Jeff’s friends are testing the bow. Unbiased? We’ll see in the future.
Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk
Absolutely, some are Friends. Who else would want this to be a success more than us? Though Jeff and I have flying as a common thread, when I discovered the incredible design features of the SWAT, I immediately became enthralled with the basic design and genius behind it.

Consider the individuals involved: Sam, the Field Archer who tests many bows and can really add insight and find areas for improvement, Don K, though affiliated with another brand, is a natural engineer whose expertise is proving invaluable. He has in-depth knowledge of compound crossbows. Besides that, he’s a renowned authority on strings.
Tom Butler requires small, light crossbows (such as “The Runt”, and the R26), and knows crossbows inside out and can give a real comparison with the R26. Mike Lobus who hasn’t exactly been a fan of the XP and shoots primarily Ten Point, Scorpyd, Mission and Excalibur (anything in common with those 4 companies?). And me, who is obsessive over extreme accuracy.

So, the deck isn’t stacked with “yes” men. That would serve to only hurt the long term future of the SWAT XP. But, it is stacked with seriously knowledgable crossbow people who will dig down, find and eliminate problems and optimize this crossbow to make it the best it can be! These people are being evaluators, not advertisers Nor, yet, reviewers. The fact that the sharing of information between us is largely public and listening to inputs should elicit some positive feelings on this entire venture.

I expect more will be known about this crossbow when it finally hits the market than any previous crossbow.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
... shoots primarily Ten Point, Scorpyd, Mission and Excalibur (anything in common with those 4 companies?). ...
I, for one, do not know, but am curious.
What is common about them all if you don't mind saying so?

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
All four of those shoot BOLTS. The SWATs shoot ARROWS! 🤞😝
Okay, if you say so, I guess, because I do not know any better?
Hmmmm...

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Jeff just likes to mess with your mind. o_O
Well that is ok.
Ain't much left to mess with LOLOL!!!
Actually, I was hoping for some kind of interesting, juicy, insider facts, rumors, sabotage, intellectual property leaks, espionage and whatnot about the 4 companies.

·
Premium Member
578 Posts
Actually, I was hoping for some kind of interesting, juicy, insider facts, rumors, sabotage, intellectual property leaks, espionage and whatnot about the 4 companies.
They are primarily domestic.
OK, not the Tom Clancy story line we were looking for but good info nevertheless, thanks SEW.

Reactions: SEW

·
Registered
9,095 Posts
I recieved a call yesterday from a friend in the industry.

Seem I have a string on the way from an unknown crossbow manufacture to put my serving on for them to test.

Its hilarious just how secretive this industry is
If they are an unknown crossbow manufacturer how do you know that they are really a crossbow manufacturer?

·
1,420 Posts
Steve, it may be in everyone's best interest if you ask the moderators to delete all of the irrelevant posts.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I recieved a call yesterday from a friend in the industry.

Seem I have a string on the way from an unknown crossbow manufacture to put my serving on for them to test.

Its hilarious just how secretive this industry is
Apparently all your "behind the scenes" special knowledge and secret information doesn"t reach as far as you thought?

121 - 140 of 217 Posts