Crossbow Nation banner

141 - 160 of 208 Posts

·
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Discussion Starter • #1 4 d ago
The time has come for an uncluttered thread concerning observations and findings - good and bad- concerning the SWAT XP.

At least 4 crossbows are in the hands of initial evaluators. Hopefully, we can keep this thread clear of political biases, etc or anything other than evaluations of this crossbow.

The above seems pretty clear.

·
Registered
256 Posts
How bout we keep it clear of other manufacturer comparison, as well? 💡
Out of respect for forum sponsors and membership.🤙

·
1,228 Posts
How bout we keep it clear of other manufacturer comparison, as well? 💡
Out of respect for forum sponsors and membership.🤙
I think people need comparisons to choose properly and make a decision that's best for them. The SWAT XP will not be for everyone. So, I feel there needs to be comparisons posted.

·
1,228 Posts
When do we get to hear the Moon/Ramrod version.... Straight from their keyboard and not someone guessing what they think... Lets hear it Tom....:cool:
Tom is waiting on a string set for better performance and durability to run through the mill. I have no doubt that he will chime in when he's ready.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
When do we get to hear the Moon/Ramrod version.... Straight from their keyboard and not someone guessing what they think... Lets hear it Tom....:cool:
Wapster our findings are no different from what you have read. Because I was out of town on vacation Moon and I didn’t start until this Sunday. We opened the box together. Full disclosure is they have to get a handle on the string situation. Until then a true review can not be completed. The bow has some nice features like everyone has mentioned. It is very accurate from what I can see. That being said I’m not shooting across the county like SEW does. I’m a 50 and in guy. Long power stroke so you have to pull the handles high to cock it. I don’t find it difficult to cock other than the length to do it. It does have a nice trigger. It’s not the quietest bow on the market but most crossbows aren’t. I’d say it’s on par with Moon’s 26 on a sound level.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I’ll add one more thing. It does not have that typical across the pond feel crossbow. The XP is a solid feeling and shooting bow

·
10,836 Posts
Wap, I’ll post when the time is right, not until. Even Ramrod and I won’t agree on everything and that’s ok. Later 😊

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Wap, I’ll post when the time is right, not until. Even Ramrod and I won’t agree on everything and that’s ok. Later 😊
Thats absolutely fair nuff Moon. I am aware on "string and serving" issues....I was not aware it was bad enough to cease testing untill revised ones were installed. I figured there was a reason.....thanks for sharing. I will wait patiently till you are comfortable assessing the Swat bow.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah but... Even a blind man can see its similarities with so called , cheap rigs.🤦 Sorry, gents. None of you have convinced me in such a short time span to ditch my tried & tested rigs.😉

·
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
Thats absolutely fair nuff Moon. I am aware on "string and serving" issues....I was not aware it was bad enough to cease testing untill revised ones were installed. I figured there was a reason.....thanks for sharing. I will wait patiently till you are comfortable assessing the Swat bow.
Its a fact that the string and cable size(diameter) and serving (large and loose) is causing terrible problems. However, that said, I still shot mine 131 times. The serving pinching coming off the cams is causing accuracy problems. I can work it back smooth and get 2-3 shots @ 80 yards, them wham, 5-6‘/sec slow and a 1-2” low arrow at 80. Shooting the original SWAT with the same optics serup (2x8 Duralyt/Optimizer) side by side, the accuracy was about equal (1” 6-shot [email protected] 80 yards) except for the every 3 to 4th shot where it dropped an inch or 2 low.
‘Fortunately, we have Boo overseeing and coordinating the new string and cable design. Hopefully, next week, reports will continue.
So far, only the serving situation has surfaced.

·
4,358 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Ok. For me, I’m finished with this thread. We’ve tried to share our findings on this very unique crossbow, have discussed the problem area, etc; yet, for what ever the reasons, there are those who want to turn this negative.
‘From here on, I’ll be sharing findings, concerns, etc with the other evaluators. This hasn’t worked.

·
1,420 Posts
I know some of you are bored and in need of entertainment. I know that Steve and I are working our tails off for you guys to see something on this bow. I have an old dog that I thought I was going to have to put down. I also have a whack of other things I should be doing but cannot because I've put priority on going over this bow. Between texting and talking to Steve, Jason, Danny and Jeff, I am putting a whole lot of important things on the back burner.
I have tried for most of my archery life to help others at a cost of time and money. All I hope for is a bit of respect. I really want to tell everyone just how wonderful this bow is and that is for everyone's benefit. I expect a thank you from KI but that's all I assume I'll get. I fully expect to have to pay something for the bow in my possession and if I dont have to pay for it I will be thrilled.
This thread is for everyone's benefit. KI, Jeff and especially you the readers/members will benefit.
If you read Steve's posts, you might detect that he's not happy with the distractions. I cant blame him but just think of how helpfula and cordial he normally is.
Consider Jeff. This is his lifestyle work. He isn't a spring chicken and his health is failing.
So I am pleading with everyone to act more responsibly and in a more mature, CONTRIBUTING manner. It will be greatly appreciated! I don't think I'm asking for a whole lot.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I for one would also hate this thread to extinguish. There’s been some heartfelt debate by all membership and I as others are surely enjoying every minute of it.👍

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
I and MANY others really appreciate all the effort you've put in here, Steve!!!! Please don't give up, man!!! Keep in mind, most aren't say'n much because we're trying to keep this thread uncludered....But we are here and respectfully reading, and learning......too bad some can't......

·
1,420 Posts
I for one would also hate this thread to extinguish. There’s been some heartfelt debate by all membership and I as others are surely enjoying every minute of it.👍
Guys, this thread is very important to Steve and Jeff. They want it left uncluttered as possible. Please...

·
Administrator
66 Posts
Okay, I have done some cleanup on the last several pages to clean this thread up at the OP's request. It is much easier for me to just ban those that are taking away from the thread's intended topic in the future and sometimes I will opt for the simple method. Please try to keep the thread on track.

·
Banned
5,272 Posts
Wow! This sure is a new CBN! This day clearly ended what reputation that CBN has always stood for! Congrats to the few.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

141 - 160 of 208 Posts