Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks !!
I had the original swat shipped here to me for repair and some bling for a young lady .
This bow has potential , now i need to see the next in line ,LOL.
I just pulled the trigger on a XP , life is good right now financially , so i figured until the X1 hits the market i will get familiar with this platform with a great deal on a swat XP .
Should be here in a week , time to do some SWAT MODS ,LOL.
stay tuned !!

·
Premium Member
3,116 Posts
Hey folks !!
I had the original swat shipped here to me for repair and some bling for a young lady .
This bow has potential , now i need to see the next in line ,LOL.
I just pulled the trigger on a XP , life is good right now financially , so i figured until the X1 hits the market i will get familiar with this platform with a great deal on a swat XP .
Should be here in a week , time to do some SWAT MODS ,LOL.
stay tuned !!
Awesome Burky, can't wait to see what you Mod, if anything, that is.
BTW, how did you make out with that Ravin you added a moving shooting rail to if you don't mind me asking?
Many thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome Burky, can't wait to see what you Mod, if anything, that is.
BTW, how did you make out with that Ravin you added a moving shooting rail to if you don't mind me asking?
Many thanks in advance.
I put it together and that was it , it is my brothers bow and he is not in a hurry , so i am sending out the barrel and bridge with my next part run to get anodized , i then , as soon as the weather turns nice, will get some test shooting in .
I have high hopes !!!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it. If you can figure out a way around the arc nock life would be grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That will be the first thing i look at when i unbox it .
I am in no way impressed with "use my nock or your warranty is void " crap ,lol.

IMO , the use my nock thing is just a $$$$$$$$ grab !!!!!

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Keep the peanut gallery in the loop, Tim. ;) If the detuned version of the XP could safely shoot a moon or flat nock, I’d be a whole lot more interested in getting one.
So far with what i have seen on the original swat i am pretty sure you could shoot moons , but there is no real reason to .
IMO with the string not being able to jump the rear of an arrow because of barrel design a , flat, moon or a parker nock would work .
The big factor in all of this is string angle , time will tell Jeff , i need to get the bow tear it all apart ,lol , and evaluate !!!

I am 150% sold on this barrel design no way to dry fire it . , it needs a little work IMO as far as how the arrow fits in it , but another + for the bow .
IMO the arrow is to sloppy in the channel and i think i know how i can lessen the gap sorta speak , accuracy would improve big time on a bow that is already acurat , (Per Sew ) if you hold that arrow at tighter tolerances down the tube ,LOL.

I can't wait to get it and start playing around

·
1,873 Posts
So far with what i have seen on the original sway i am pretty sure you could shoot moons , but there is no real reason to .
IMO with the string not being able to jump the rear of an arrow because of barrel design a , flat, moon or a parker nock would work .
The big factor in all of this is string angle , time will tell Jeff , i need to get the bow tear it all apart ,lol , and evaluate !!!

I am 150% sold on this barrel design no way to dry fire it . , it needs a little work IMO as far as how the arrow fits in it , but another + for the bow .
IMO the arrow is to sloppy in the channel and i think i know how i can lessen the gap sorta speak , accuracy would improve big time on a bow that is already acurat , (Per Sew ) if you hold that arrow at tighter tolerances down the tube ,LOL.

I can't wait to get it and start playing around
You try to make the arrow/bore tolerances tighter, you will run into problems.

·
1,873 Posts
Enlighten me please !!!
Different arrow label thickness, excess label adhesives that start to adhere the shaft to the barrel making it difficult to load, vanes with too much angle, excessive vane glue, tip insert and nock outside diameter tolerances too high.
If you were able to keep ALL arrow and arrow part manufacturers to keep ALL tolerances the same, it would be OK to make the bore smaller.
But, that ain't gonna happen. 😁

Also, this is not a 50 caliber ball in a 53 caliber bore that can flop around a lot. The arrow leave the bow the same every time and that slop is minuscule when you consider the length of the arrow and the angle it may be allowed to move in that barrel.

·
Registered
409 Posts
That will be the first thing i look at when i unbox it .
I am in no way impressed with "use my nock or your warranty is void " crap ,lol.

IMO , the use my nock thing is just a $$$$$$$$ grab !!!!!
I had a few lengthy conversations with people who know. I would not agree with the statements above. The X-1 will be able to use flats or moons with no issue, after my conversation I am sticking with the recommended nocks for the XP. It all boils down the the power curve produced by the cam. The X-1 is softer at the beginning.

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Different arrow label thickness, excess label adhesives that start to adhere the shaft to the barrel making it difficult to load, vanes with too much angle, excessive vane glue, tip insert and nock outside diameter tolerances too high.
If you were able to keep ALL arrow and arrow part manufacturers to keep ALL tolerances the same, it would be OK to make the bore smaller.
But, that ain't gonna happen. 😁

Also, this is not a 50 caliber ball in a 53 caliber bore that can flop around a lot. The arrow leave the bow the same every time and that slop is minuscule when you consider the length of the arrow and the angle it may be allowed to move in that barrel.
Point taken !!!
I get what you are saying , but that is not the way I roll , i can control all of that what you posted and am willing to .
Hope i did not offend you !!!!

·
Premium Member
2,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
I had a few lengthy conversations with people who know. I would not agree with the statements above. The X-1 will be able to use flats or moons with no issue, after my conversation I am sticking with the recommended nocks for the XP. It all boils down the the power curve produced by the cam. The X-1 is softer at the beginning.
Tru to a point , i have not even seen a nock for this bow , so maybe i am talking out of turn , but i will get them and evaluate them !!!
also i need to see what kind of center serving they are using , sometimes to design a nock to prevent serving damage is not the nocks fault , sometimes it is , IMO both need to work together !!
,sometimes it is bad serving , like i said i will evaluate when i get the bow .

·
1,873 Posts
Point taken !!!
I get what you are saying , but that is not the way I roll , i can control all of that what you posted and am willing to .
Hope i did not offend you !!!!
No you didn't. Just understand that larger tolerances makes the bow more idiot proof because it will be used by many people with varying knowledge and ability.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts