Crossbow Nation banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I had a few lengthy conversations with people who know. I would not agree with the statements above. The X-1 will be able to use flats or moons with no issue, after my conversation I am sticking with the recommended nocks for the XP. It all boils down the the power curve produced by the cam. The X-1 is softer at the beginning.
Brian i thought about this later after my initial post and since have went and really looked hard at the arc nock used on the Xp .
all it is , is a rounded edge flat nock .
Now ask yourself a question , what nock does Raven use in there way more powered and way narrower bows ?
I have had my brother shooting J nocks out of his raven ( 230 lb draw ) for 2 years now with no issues .

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
I take acetone to my arrows and remove the labels except for the carbon weave arrows that I sent Tim with the Swat. I showed my daughter the pink you have in mind and she loves it. Problem is now my younger daughter wants me to send my other Swat to Burky and make it girly girly. That would leave me with only Scorpyd bows and I would have to buy another.

·
Registered
409 Posts
I take acetone to my arrows and remove the labels except for the carbon weave arrows that I sent Tim with the Swat. I showed my daughter the pink you have in mind and she loves it. Problem is now my younger daughter wants me to send my other Swat to Burky and make it girly girly. That would leave me with only Scorpyd bows and I would have to buy another.
When the X-1 comes out, that will be a good problem to have.

·
3,419 Posts
Brian i thought about this later after my initial post and since have went and really looked hard at the arc nock used on the Xp .
all it is , is a rounded edge flat nock .
Now ask yourself a question , what nock does Raven use in there way more powered and way narrower bows ?
I have had my brother shooting J nocks out of his raven ( 230 lb draw ) for 2 years now with no issues .
Glad to hear they no longer fire without pulling the trigger if you dare to use a different (but extremely similar) nock. :rolleyes:
I get the use of certain nocks for safety, unless a similar nock can be used with similar safety. As soon as you NEED to use the proprietary nocks, the cost goes up. Good for the company, not so much for the consumer. As an often grumpy, always cheap curmudgeon, it just grates on me.:mad:

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
You guys are great now I know how to get another bow without buying my wife a new stove. I will get one a newer Swat on forum and have it sent directly to Tim saving me the shipping to Tim then do it all over again then get me a new one and retire the other one for parts for girls first bows. No waste of $$$$ on stove that works fine

·
Registered
Kelowna, (aka, KTown) BC./ Swat!!! :)
2,288 Posts
You guys are great now I know how to get another bow without buying my wife a new stove. I will get one a newer Swat on forum and have it sent directly to Tim saving me the shipping to Tim then do it all over again then get me a new one and retire the other one for parts for girls first bows. No waste of $$$$ on stove that works fine
Great sceam'n!!!

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Glad to hear they no longer fire without pulling the trigger if you dare to use a different (but extremely similar) nock. :rolleyes:
I get the use of certain nocks for safety, unless a similar nock can be used with similar safety. As soon as you NEED to use the proprietary nocks, the cost goes up. Good for the company, not so much for the consumer. As an often grumpy, always cheap curmudgeon, it just grates on me.:mad:
I still use a stick to load the arrow , that bow scares me to death !!!!!
It has become his back up bow !!

·
3,419 Posts
New stove, new DW, Microwave, countertops, backsplash, and painted all the cabinets here. Daddy’s getting a crossbow! ;)

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Looks like the storm in the south has got my bow delayed supposed to be here today now saying tomorrow and it just left GA at 3:00 Pm today .Heck it spent Mon Tues and Wed in GA and only moved 200 Miles ,lol.Come on FEDEX
I bet it will be more like Fri before i see it ,lol.

·
Premium Member
3,067 Posts

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
Looks like the storm in the south has got my bow delayed supposed to be here today now saying tomorrow and it just left GA at 3:00 Pm today .Heck it spent Mon Tues and Wed in GA and only moved 200 Miles ,lol.Come on FEDEX
I bet it will be more like Fri before i see it ,lol.
Yep, I know the feeling! I bought some hard to find ammo a while back out of Texas and the guy only accepted Postal money order. I mailed it Priority mail on the 8th and it's been sitting in El Paso since the 13th, LOL. Figures a storm of the century would hit Texas and holding my money up!!! Although I do feel bad for those folks down there.......

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Yup, and refreshing the tracking page every minute on Fedex website.
:p
LOL i am not that bad !!
I check it in the AM and then again in the PM , i have not even checked yet this AM as i know it will not be here today ,LOL.
I have another package coming from KY it just made it ti IN after 3 days , the storm handed them some grief i think .
Up here just another day and they move right along ,lol.

·
Registered
16 Posts
LOL i am not that bad !!
I check it in the AM and then again in the PM , i have not even checked yet this AM as i know it will not be here today ,LOL.
I have another package coming from KY it just made it ti IN after 3 days , the storm handed them some grief i think .
Up here just another day and they move right along ,lol.
Just notice that your package is at my house. I guess that is a gift for me from you! Many thanks! :p:p:p:p

21 - 40 of 70 Posts