Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
Congratulations!!! That one's gonna be a keeper......Have fun setting it up!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Congrats on the Swat XP let us know how well you like it

·
Registered
819 Posts

·
11,274 Posts
Got confirmation today that my swat xp shipped. Coming from a Ravin is gonna be a change but everything I see about this xbow has me excited. Let me know your thoughts please. I done ordered a Hawke Xb1 for it as well.
Thanks
Sean
Which Ravin? :giggle:

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Last year I had a Cp400 then a r10 and a r29. They hype on the Swat is unreal so I had to try it. If it is good as advertised it’ll be around for awhile especially at the price point. I’d really like a vapor470 but nearly 3k for a crossbow is just to much. If the Swat doesn’t work out I’ll go back to a R10 or R26. The R10 is a great overall product and only sold mine to buy a R29 which likewise is a. nice rig but just to stinking expensive. I want the best bang for my buck so I have no choice but to try the Swat xp. If for some reason I dislike it I’ll be back to a R10 unless I can find a deal on a R26 which is unlikely.

·
Registered
162 Posts
We have gotten a few in but wasn't able to shoot them because they were sold and had to go out.

It is a small fairly compact bow, hopefully we will get more in soon and get the backorders gone so we have time to put one through its paces

·
4,691 Posts
The Vengent and R29 are radically different from the SWAT XP. I got to spend some time shooting all 3 during the same shooting session. There are stark differences!
The Vengent and R29 are much more complex and modern in design, especially the cable system and integral cocking design. They are very complex, and pleasant to use. The KI cocker is simple, effective and a little more cumberson to use. If desired, a rope cocker can be used which is a significant plus, IMO.
‘Except for the enclosed rail (barrel), rear string latch, and outstanding trigger, the XP uses older technology to achieve its goals. It’s simple , yet effective.
‘What it does have though is: extreme accuracy, ability to shoot various BHs and field points much closer together than conventional xbows, is very short and light weight, an unmatched trigger - significantly better than the 10-pt and Ravin, is a little quieter, ability to be worked on by self or dealer/ pro-shop verses being sent back to the factory and costing less than 1/3 the price are some pretty strong advantages.
‘A crude comparison might be, would you rather buy, own, drive and pay the upkeep for a 750i BMW or drive a Honda Civic SI (manual 6-sp only) for 1/3 the price? I took the Si and the SWAT XP.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats Wilkey! I too am interested in hearing about your trials and tribulations with the SWAT XP. I am thinking this might be my next Xbow as a back up to my TP Viper and for spot n stalk type hunting. Good luck!

·
8,875 Posts
Lucky boy ... lol (y)

·
4,691 Posts
Congrats Wilkey! I too am interested in hearing about your trials and tribulations with the SWAT XP. I am thinking this might be my next Xbow as a back up to my TP Viper and for spot n stalk type hunting. Good luck!
i got the original SWAT as a backup to my BD400 and Aculeus 460. They have hung in the closet virtually ever since.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the observation. If the Swat has a great trigger and is reliable then I’ll be happy. It’ll be here Tuesday. I’m gonna top it with a Hawke xb1 scope because I like it reticle. If it’s a super charged Honda Civic I’ll be happy. No need to drive a BMW. At 415 FPS, an accurate barrel and good trigger fills my bucket list. The 27 inches long is just a bonus. This Xbow has the qualities I’m looking for especially if it 9 1/8 inches cocked and doesn’t eat strings. I just love the bull pup design and coming from a R29 the concept looks the same. Only thing that I will miss is the cocking and deco king of the Ravin but that is minimal in my eyes especially at this price point.

·
Registered
377 Posts
i got the original SWAT as a backup to my BD400 and Aculeus 460. They have hung in the closet virtually ever since.
Nice! I was surprised to find the XP isn't as light as I figured it would be. 7.2 Lbs. for that bullpup seems heavy. I also neglected to realize it has no DC mechanism, which is dumb on my part. No huge deal breaker though. The fact you can still use the DSC AND a rope is sweeeet! One question though...I know on my Dad's Boss 405 the butt plate was made for the DSC. On the XP I don't see that cut out for the DSC, only the groove for the rope cocker. Does one have to swap out the butt plate for use with one or the other?

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
So,since you now have two Swats,does that mean the closet hangers are going down the road soon?

·
1,399 Posts
Nice! I was surprised to find the XP isn't as light as I figured it would be. 7.2 Lbs. for that bullpup seems heavy. I also neglected to realize it has no DC mechanism, which is dumb on my part. No huge deal breaker though. The fact you can still use the DSC AND a rope is sweeeet! One question though...I know on my Dad's Boss 405 the butt plate was made for the DSC. On the XP I don't see that cut out for the DSC, only the groove for the rope cocker. Does one have to swap out the butt plate for use with one or the other?
No swapping of butt plates. The SWAT XP comes with the DSC that has a "U" shaped bracket that fits right into the rope cocking groove.

1 - 20 of 76 Posts