Crossbow Nation banner

Swat XP problems

11K views 50 replies 19 participants last post by  SEW 
#1 ·
First off want to say hello to everyone. Long time lurker. Reading SEW and Oldflyer posts is what led me to purchase a Swat XP. I must say I love the size, balance, trigger, and short distance accuracy(Robin hooded the first two arrows)
Spoke Wheel Bow Rim Compound bow
but that is where the buck stops.

I purchased directly through KI on August 17th . I believe I have the 80th one made as my serial is 11200000080. I have called and sent pictures to the customer service team about some very fast string and cable wear. After not hearing back I called again waited 30 minutes to get hung up on. Re-dialed and was able to reach a different representative. I told them about the issues and that I had talked and sent pictures to a different representative without being contacted about my problems. They have now told me twice that i will hear back within a day.. I am thinking my XP has the old strings but I am not getting anywhere with Killer Instict.

I would really like to get everything all set up and ready for hunting but I am afraid to keep shooting the bow.
I'm including some pictures to see what the pros on CBN think about continuing to shoot the bow. Before being shot and every 5 shots I have waxed strings cables and rail. I am at about 30 shots total and am nervous about continuing to use the bow. Let me know what you think.
Spoke Wheel Bow Rim Compound bow
Spoke Wheel Tire Rim Bicycle wheel

See less See more
#5 ·
I lube every single mm of string and cable including the loops. I am using a liquid silicone that is used for acrylic pouring. Donno if it’s the most perfect lube but I sure can get it where I want.

#6 ·
They will probably send you other bow soon. Just be patient.

#9 ·
Looks like some of the bows got sent out without the upgrades! Hope they take care of it quick for you.....Season is way to close now!

Reactions: SEW
#11 ·
I would want to know why I was hung up on.Very rude on the company's part.Apparently they don't teach Class over across the pond. I'm hoping that maybe someone did not realize that you were on hold,and inadvertently closed the circuit? Never fear Our guys will make it right. Best wishes!

#18 · (Edited)
Kurt,
I had not seen the pictures nor thread when we talked. That is not normal. I’d still shoot it if no strands are being broken. I’m enclosing a picture of the older cable after 230-240 shots. Incidentally, from 5 shots to 230-240 there was no change.

Concerning strands being broken, its kind of hard to tell on that cable since the underlying strands don’t stand out like the original red/white with black serving. Do err on the side of caution.

#20 ·
No speculation on my part at all, he stated in .his post that he was hung up on. Are there different types. of being hung up on. I'm getting pretty old, but i'm sure i can still read .Are you condoning rudeness on their part.

#21 ·
This is pretty amazingly petty. Let’s now dwell on something stupid. If you’ve never accidentally hung up on someone I’m happy for you. Being human, I’ve made a whack of mistakes including hanging up on someone by mistake. So can we move on in this imperfect world? Amazingly easy to assign blame? Great! There must be an election coming! Seriously? Grow the hell up guys!

#22 · (Edited)
Actually he said after 30 mins he was hung up on so I would assume that he was on hold waiting and not actually talking to a CS rep.
" I called again waited 30 minutes to get hung up on. "
Then he says he called again and got a rep on the phone so my guess is the hold is on a timer that cut him off rather than actually being hung up on by a person.

Is that correct KJ?

#24 ·
I've had nothing but great CS from KI. I've called 2 times in the last 2 weeks. I was not on hold for more than a couple of minutes the first time. Less than 20 seconds the second time. Talked to 2 different reps that were very respectful.

#47 ·
I was dropped twice today also once half way through my warranty issue second time after being on hold for 25 minutes. Called from a landline in the afternoon for a third time and was taken care of. Had to a bit of pleading to get them to send a replacement and not just a set of limbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.