Crossbow Nation banner

161 - 180 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
This should be interesting..... Lets hear the good.....bad.....and the ugly about this contraption Tom. Not the cool aide version either.....lol

·
Happy Member
5,471 Posts
Lol .... made in Taiwan.

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

·
8,915 Posts
Woke … better take down that "Stars & Bars" picture you have hanging on the wall or the looters & rioters from the Thought Police & Speech Police will be after your arse ...lol :p (You even gave them your address left on the box) :oops:

·
Happy Member
5,471 Posts
ID it’s a shame to wake up every morning to some type of liberal lunacies!

Reactions: pinshooter

·
Happy Member
5,471 Posts
Lol

·
1,411 Posts
Lol .... made in Taiwan.

It's OK for you to laugh, but when you license something to a company and you want to make money from all your years of hard work, you don't have a lot to say with regard to how that company does it's business The entire bow was designed by a guy that lives in the USA.

·
8,915 Posts
Taiwan … is a great ally of the United states. With China bent on world domination Taiwan should have our support same as South Korea, Philippines, and Japan. All three put out some pretty good products. Technology stealing China on the other hand sends us a great deal of crap. It's Caveat Emptor with China.

Reactions: SEW

·
Happy Member
5,471 Posts
It's OK for you to laugh, but when you license something to a company and you want to make money from all your years of hard work, you don't have a lot to say with regard to how that company does it's business The entire bow was designed by a guy that lives in the USA.
It’s a shame the bow isn’t. We all know the reason why but that’s for another thread and day.

·
Registered
106 Posts
First off I want to give major kudos to Killer Instinct for getting this bow into the hands of so many reviewers...always good to get varied opinions.

Secondly there are many good features to this bow but one that’s at the top of my list is the fact that I have the means to have communication with the actual designer of the bow...I don’t know if I’ve ever been able to do that with any product.

Lastly as far as Taiwan goes as already mentioned they seem to be a good business partner with the US but to be honest with the way our government has treated our own small business’s over the last couple months I don’t think it even cares about their well being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
First off I want to give major kudos to Killer Instinct for getting this bow into the hands of so many reviewers...always good to get varied opinions.

Secondly there are many good features to this bow but one that’s at the top of my list is the fact that I have the means to have communication with the actual designer of the bow...I don’t know if I’ve ever been able to do that with any product.

Lastly as far as Taiwan goes as already mentioned they seem to be a good business partner with the US but to be honest with the way our government has treated our own small business’s over the last couple months I don’t think it even cares about their well being.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great points, John3:16.
For anyone that has been paying attention since the early to mid 80s, the bulk of the manufacturing base in the US and Canada has been eroded by Big Business and has moved overseas.
To stay competitive, and at no fault of their own, US and Canadian companies, especially the smaller ones, must buy some raw, finished or partly-finished materials and components from overseas, mainly from the Far East.
So let's be realistic here and call a spade a spade.
Those are the facts your Honor and the Defense rests it's case.

·
Happy Member
5,471 Posts
Of course it’s fault of their own! Like I said, this is for another thread and another day.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts

·
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #175
Taiwan … is a great ally of the United states. With China bent on world domination Taiwan should have our support same as South Korea, Philippines, and Japan. All three put out some pretty good products. Technology stealing China on the other hand sends us a great deal of crap. It's Caveat Emptor with China.
General Mattis, in his book “Call Sign Chaos”, makes a very strong argument that a nation’s strength is largely affected by alliances. Unfortunately, those alliances have been weakened as of late. The extreme oversimplification of “us verses them” meaning the United States , oh yes, and Canada, verses the rest of the world, is a recipe for disaster.
In particular, keeping close relationships with strong, strategic allies is vitally important in today’s environment! Viewing Taiwan as just another, threatening country like China is wrong.

I try to support the US/Canada first but allies virtually the same. And it goes for Domestic labels also that can be so misleading! A person in a Dodge pickup parked behind me at the post office , and muttered “pinko “ at me as he walked by my Honda Ridgeline and me. while he went in the post office, I looked to see if his truck had any bumper stickers. Yes, “Proud Member of Union #xxx”. Looked at the serial # under his windshield which confirmed my thoughts. MADE IN MEXICO. Proud member of Union...!

I waited until he came out and asked , “why the remark, why the anger?”. He said people like me were destroying America. If you live here you should by stuff from here. I asked him why he was lecturing me. My Ridgeline was made here, had over 60% US parts in it, and has a US serial #; but, his truck was made in Mexico and didn’t have a US serial #. HE DID’T KNOW HIS TRUCK WAS MADE IN MEXICO!!! And, a union worker at that! He sure has some attention to detail!

Made in USA, your next rifle! Are all parts of Ten Points , made in USA? Or , designed in USA, made by strong ally ?
‘There’s virtually no 100% black and white. Currently, virtually only shades of gray.

·
Crossbow Nut
3,124 Posts
Lambow and KTownKiller,
Yes, >1,400 shots on original SWAT’s strings and cables. They still look new. I have a new package of a string and cables - they’ll likely never get used.
The AL nocks didn’t have a tight fit. I expoxied them for additional strength. These nocks are shooting well thru the original SWAT. I am shooting both the SWAT and XP, comparing accuracies. I used the 110g inserts for slightly getter xwind and overall accuracy (from 50-100 yards). Back to ultimate accuracy between the SWAT and SWAT XP - seems tied so far, but weather has complicated getting meaningful results.
What is the dimension of the string path opening, that is, the distance between the upper rail and lower rail where the string travels? Or, stated another way, what would be the max diameter string that could work?
Thanks

·
4,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #180
The actual limiting factor on the string, currently, is the groove size in the cam. And, that’s being revisited, as well as cable size, currently. Jack, I’ll get you an answer.

161 - 180 of 202 Posts