Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
LOL, did not take me long to figure what i wanted on this bow .
So time for some mods .
I am waiting on some parts so this thread will be updated when i get parts and get them on the bow .
After shooting this bow with the stock scope and tuned up stock arrows , i was very happy with what i saw and decided to Aim small hit small !!!!
So i made a EZ-D scope rail and mounted up my 6 -18x 44 AO Vortex crossfire II with v brite retical .
I probably will not hunt with this set up but sure will be fun in the yard at LOOOOOOOONG range shooting .
here is the EZ_D i made today , yes i know my bow looks funny with no limbs ,LOL.
they are hanging on wires in the shop drying .

·
Registered
24 Posts
LOL, did not take me long to figure what i wanted on this bow .
So time for some mods .
I am waiting on some parts so this thread will be updated when i get parts and get them on the bow .
After shooting this bow with the stock scope and tuned up stock arrows , i was very happy with what i saw and decided to Aim small hit small !!!!
So i made a EZ-D scope rail and mounted up my 6 -18x 44 AO Vortex crossfire II with v brite retical .
I probably will not hunt with this set up but sure will be fun in the yard at LOOOOOOOONG range shooting .
here is the EZ_D i made today , yes i know my bow looks funny with no limbs ,LOL.
they are hanging on wires in the shop drying .
View attachment 194359
View attachment 194360
Great looking piece of equipment you got there.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Great start Burky! If I knew you were going to come up with all these improvements for the XP I would have just sent you my XP to burkilize instead of ordering an X1. You are the man!
You made a good decision on getting the X 1 , it will be better than this bow .
When i get my other cams on this bow and shoot it some , i will make a decision then if i am getting an X1.
i have 5 bows right now !!!

·
5,374 Posts
Burky,
Your creations are excellent and this fits right in. Please give some details on your scope rail, and limb pockets if any change, riser modifications, etc. Don’t dare mess with the trigger!!:) But, I’m sure you wouldn’t.

Any performance modifications, etc. Stirrup? I likely have missed somewhere where you addressed these questions.

Hopefully, Scorpyd felt honored that you chose their bow for customization. Being an early convert to the advantages of the entire SWAT package(barrel, trigger, rear latch), your selection of the SWAT XP for customization was particularly gratifying. I wish you the best!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Burky,
Your creations are excellent and this fits right in. Please give some details on your scope rail, and limb pockets if any change, riser modifications, etc. Don’t dare mess with the trigger!!:) But, I’m sure you wouldn’t.

Any performance modifications, etc. Stirrup? I likely have missed somewhere where you addressed these questions.

Hopefully, Scorpyd felt honored that you chose their bow for customization. Being an early convert to the advantages of the entire SWAT package(barrel, trigger, rear latch), your selection of the SWAT XP for customization was particularly gratifying. I wish you the best!
Thanks Steve !!
I will get into more detail very soon , busy with juggling 4 bows right now .
Fri i have 2 special parts coming and after i test them i will post all that i have done .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey fellas !!
MY swat got a different set of wheels today and i did get 2 tests in and am very hopeful of a great outcome !!!
Not really knowing how much limb flex i was going to get with the new cams , i mean i have a good estimation , but i decided to start slow
and work my way to getting the total limb flex of 8-1/16 .
Test # 1
I got 340 fps with a 422 grn arrow with a 10-3/16 cocked ATA and a 17-3/4 new draw stroke .
good start !!

Test #2
went 3/8 of an inch shorter cable and made a 3/4 inch shorter string
Bow shot 360 fps with same arrow , had a 10-7/16 ATA cocked , 17-5/8 draw .

That is as far as i got today , i will sit and figure it out tonight and hopefully come to a final set of cables and string measurements and build up a set tomorrow .
So stay tuned , these cams will work and right now with the slower speeds the bow is very quiet 2nd quietest bow in the house ,lol.
very smooth shooting , now compare the new cams i put on this bow and there shape , to the new X1 cams and just imagine how smooth that bow will be .
When i pulled the trigger on test #2 i almost left the bow right where it was , but i can go 1-5/16 more limb flex , i may settle on 1 inch more and see what i get with the longer draw stroke .

·
Registered
757 Posts
Hey fellas !!
MY swat got a different set of wheels today and i did get 2 tests in and am very hopeful of a great outcome !!!
Not really knowing how much limb flex i was going to get with the new cams , i mean i have a good estimation , but i decided to start slow
Test # 1
I got 340 fps with a 422 grn arrow with a 10-3/16 cocked ATA and a 17-3/4 new draw stroke .
good start !!
View attachment 194768
Test #2
View attachment 194769

That is as far as i got today , i will sit and figure it out tonight and hopefully come to a final set of cables and string measurements and build up a set tomorrow .
So stay tuned , these cams will work and right now with the slower speeds the bow is very quiet 2nd quietest bow in the house ,lol.
very smooth shooting , now compare their shape to the new X1 cams and just imagine how smooth that bow will be .
When i pulled the trigger on test #2 i almost left the bow right where it was , but i can go 1-5/16 more limb flex , i may settle on 1 inch more and see what i get with the longer draw stroke .
View attachment 194770
View attachment 194771
All I can say is wow, mastery

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
Hey fellas !!
Test # 1
good start !!
View attachment 194768
Test #2
View attachment 194769

very smooth shooting , now compare the new cams i put on this bow and there shape , to the new X1 cams and just imagine how smooth that bow will be .
View attachment 194770
View attachment 194771
Are those Gen 3 cams? Sure looks like you Scorpified it, LOL.

1 - 20 of 107 Posts