Crossbow Nation banner

61 - 80 of 107 Posts

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
No he made me bushings for the cams ,lol.
Those are genuine Scorpyd cams !!
OH,ok. It read like he made the cams, LOL. It's been a long day here.......

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Swat Night ,LOL.
I put about 80 shots through it this afternoon , all in all the cams and strings are holding up great !!
The bow did do some weird stuff the first 15 shots as far as accuracy , but i think it settled in and my arrows after i mapped them flew consistent .
I am not sure if i like the GT swift pro arrows , they just seemed to not fly as good out of this bow , maybe to much weight up front , to week of spine , IDK ,
At 443 Grns this bow is spitting them out at 410 FPS !! Also i am testing Firenock D3 nocks , and so far , all is good in the neighborhood .
I did have one arrow that shoved the insert into the shaft in the target , either my glue job was not good or cold carbon was the issue , temp outside was 30 degrees !!
Below are pics of my best group at 50 yds after i mapped out the arrows and compensated for it !!
The 3 arrows with red lighted nocks are stock arrows i stripped , indexed and re fletched , and i was aiming at the diamond 2 of the arrows are in .
Those arrows are 430 grns , 13 grns lighter than the GT and they shared the same POI at 50 yds .
here are some pics of my afternoon .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Burky, is that bow capable of shooting long range? I'm talking 200 yds.
When i get my EZ-d back from anodizing and with the right arrows it is possible .
I would never try it on an animal but it would be fun target shooting !!

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165
402 Posts
When i get my EZ-d back from anodizing and with the right arrows it is possible .
Will an EZ-d elevate that high? I haven't gone past 80 on the Vent with it. I would need a better backstop than what my range has for that kind of sighting in.

·
2,205 Posts
Tim, not that you don't have enough things to do already;) but have you considered anodizing at home?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Tim, not that you don't have enough things to do already;) but have you considered anodizing at home?
I do anodize small parts here , but for the price to get say 25 parts done it is way more worth it to me to send them out .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Will an EZ-d elevate that high? I haven't gone past 80 on the Vent with it. I would need a better backstop than what my range has for that kind of sighting in.
I think it could , but one would need a good system to keep track of the dial rotations needed to get out that far .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
LOL! I should have known better than to ask! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
I am an open book , ask me anything ,lol.
I have had good results and some not so good results , so i decided a year ago to just leave it up to the professionals ,LOL.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
I decided to shoot again today just to get some shots on the bow .
I was given 5 stock Killer arrows and had three that come with my brothers Swat , so i pulled out the aluminum nocks . ruined one arrow .
Indexed the arrows and was lucky to where stiff spine was between a vane or on the cock vane , i think i had three out of the seven that had the stiff side on the cock vane and the other 4 the stiff side was in between the hen vanes , but not the stock 2 color hen vanes i had to spin them to the next vane , making the stock cock vane a hen vane , lol. hope you all could follow my jibber jabber !!!

First shot i noticed my scope rail was loose , so i went into the shop and put a dab of super glue in the threads and tighten it up .
While i was tightening it i though i better give those GT"S another try .
so off to shooting i went , i did not get to critical with zeroing in i just wanted to group shoot the arrows and get some shots on the new cams and string n cables .
All in all i shot 50 shots , wind was a tail wind about 10 -15 mph .
here is my last group i shot bottom arrows were the GT's i was aiming at the bottom diamond .
the bigger bunch of arrows just above were the stock arrows that i worked on , i was aiming dead center of the target .Again did not zero the scope after tightening the scope rail , just shooting groups !! The Cams , string and cables are holding up really well , i think it will work ,LOL.
The stock arrows shoot better than the GT's as you can see in the pick .
I am amazed at how good the stock arrows shoot with just a little indexing and i am also using a 125 grn field point on the front of them , for a little more FOC .
This was 50 yds

i pulled the gt's and this is the stock arrow group .

·
2,205 Posts
One thing I've found and surprised at is that the OE Swat arrows really aren't bad at all. I think Steve had a cull or 2 but out of 18 and no culls for me. I have a bunch of BEA internal screw in weights coming and I'm hoping that they will fit into the back end of the OE nocks.
Great shooting Tim....when you have good arrows!

·
Registered
Ventilator 175 Extreme Scorpyd Velocity 165
402 Posts
Speaking of jibber jabber, it looks like with a little spine manipulation, stock can compete with most any customs, out of that sweet shooter.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
One thing I've found and surprised at is that the OE Swat arrows really aren't bad at all. I think Steve had a cull or 2 but out of 18 and no culls for me. I have a bunch of BEA internal screw in weights coming and I'm hoping that they will fit into the back end of the OE nocks.
Great shooting Tim....when you have good arrows!
I think i can strip off the fletching and fine tune them with my tester , re fletch and get a better group from those 7 arrows .
Right now there is 7 deer killers in the target , could just leave them alone , but that is not how i roll ,lol.

61 - 80 of 107 Posts