Crossbow Nation banner

81 - 100 of 107 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Speaking of jibber jabber, it looks like with a little spine manipulation, stock can compete with most any customs, out of that sweet shooter.
Yeah i was surprised , they shoot good !!!
They have good penetration , i am going to break down the one i cracked and see what is in there for a insert , then figure out what GPI they are .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
One thing I've found and surprised at is that the OE Swat arrows really aren't bad at all. I think Steve had a cull or 2 but out of 18 and no culls for me. I have a bunch of BEA internal screw in weights coming and I'm hoping that they will fit into the back end of the OE nocks.
Great shooting Tim....when you have good arrows!
Did you mean adding weight to the inserts ?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Ok i did a little research on the stock arrows .
They are 9.0 grns per inch shaft , they have a 48 Grn insert .
The ARCH nock weighs in at 24 grns , vanes are 10 grns each
With the supplied 100 grn point they weigh in the 400 grn area with 13.64 % FOC

Now here is the comparison to what i did to the arrows i shot tonight .
I pulled out the ARCH nocks and inserted Firenock D3 nocks at 12 grns ,12 grns differance lost in the rear of the arrow .
added a 125 grn point , indexed them as best i could with the stock fletching , they come in at 416 grns and have a new FOC of 18.18 %.
So basically gained 16 grns in weight and also gained 4.54 %FOC .

I really like the fact they are a stiffer shaft with 9.0 grns per inch .
Tapps are 9.1 grains per inch .

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
I was looking over the GT arrows and was going to check spine on them and look at what i found , another tip shoved into the shaft .
i guess they are just to week for the swat and my target ,LOL.

·
2,205 Posts
Did you mean adding weight to the inserts ?
Yep! Ofcourse the nocks might be a pain to pull out of the OE arrows. But used hot glue on my BEAs.
If memory serves, they come in 30, 50 and 75 grains. They go through the nock end and screw into the back end of the front insert.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #86 · (Edited)
Yep! Ofcourse the nocks might be a pain to pull out of the OE arrows. But used hot glue on my BEAs.
If memory serves, they come in 30, 50 and 75 grains. They go through the nock end and screw into the back end of the front insert.
The stock insert is not threaded all the way through if you were going to add weight to them .
they do have a pilot hole that goes all the way through , i think you could finish drilling them out , cool them off then finish tapping them 8/32 so you can add weights to the rear .

Yeah the ARCH nocks are a little tougher to get out , some come fairly easy others are tough .
I put them in boiling water with the nock against the bottom of the pan for a bit and then grab and twist till they break , then re heat and pull and twist for all you might ,lol.

Big problem is when you get them out there is a wad of glue that gets pushed in by the noks and i could not get my D3"s past it , so i had to ue a .300 mill reamer to get rid of the glue , pain in the but !!!! But the end result is worth it !!

Reactions: Ironminer

·
2,205 Posts
The stock insert is not threaded all the way through if you were going to add weight to them .
they do have a pilot hole that goes all the way through , i think you could finish drilling them out , cool them off then finish tapping them 8/32 so you can add weights to the rear .

Yeah the ARCH nocks are a little tougher to get out , some come fairly easy others are tough .
I put them in boiling water with the nock against the bottom of the pan for a bit and then grab and twist till they break , then re heat and pull and twist for all you might ,lol.

Big problem is when you get them out there is a wad of glue that gets pushed in by the noks and i could not get my D3"s past it , so i had to ue a .300 mill reamer to get rid of the glue , pain in the but !!!! But the ned result is worth it !!
I always wondered if I left an arrow in the freezer or hit it with liquid butane, then smack the arrow down on the insert or in this case the nock, do you think it would break lose? Normally I just cut the end off because I'm too lazy.
Good tip on the inserts!👊

Reactions: Ironminer

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
I always wondered if I left an arrow in the freezer or hit it with liquid butane, then smack the arrow down on the insert or in this case the nock, do you think it would break lose? Normally I just cut the end off because I'm too lazy.
Good tip on the inserts!👊
Boy , that is a good question !!
If i had a arrow with one of them nocks in it , i would give it a whirl ,lol.
Nothing ventured nothing gained Right ?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I was looking over the GT arrows and was going to check spine on them and look at what i found , another tip shoved into the shaft .
i guess they are just to week for the swat and my target ,LOL.
View attachment 195702
Tim GT ballistics are not made for 200 lb draw weight @ 20in. or longer length of arrow IMO.
Personally i think they are better suited @ 160 -170 lbs or less . JMO

Those killer arrows are probably either BEES or Bloodsports, with bloodsports being a little stiffer.

·
3,635 Posts
Tim GT ballistics are not made for 200 lb draw weight @ 20in. or over length of arrow IMO.

Those killer arrows are probably either BEES or Bloodsports, with bloodsports being a little stiffer.
It would be nice if you could get bare shaft Bloodsports, so they could be indexed and you could install the inserts you wanted instead of theirs epoxied in.

·
Registered
KI Swat xp
80 Posts
Been enjoying you posting all the work you have done on your XP. I am new to X bows and purchased a 2020 KI Swap XP. Was told needed to use stock aluminum nocks on the XP or bow could blow up. Would really like to shoot a lighted nock system. Have you heard of or have had any problems shooting those firenock d3 nocks?

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Been enjoying you posting all the work you have done on your XP. I am new to X bows and purchased a 2020 KI Swap XP. Was told needed to use stock aluminum nocks on the XP or bow could blow up. Would really like to shoot a lighted nock system. Have you heard of or have had any problems shooting those firenock d3 nocks?
No issues yet shooting the D3 , i have 160 shots with them and i have no serving separation .
BUT , i made my own string with a smaller diameter and served my center serving with .036 AM .
I will check today on a stock string and see if they will slide in when loading .

·
Registered
KI Swat xp
80 Posts
No issues yet shooting the D3 , i have 160 shots with them and i have no serving separation .
BUT , i made my own string with a smaller diameter and served my center serving with .036 AM .
I will check today on a stock string and see if they will slide in when loading .
Let us know. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Tim GT ballistics are not made for 200 lb draw weight @ 20in. or longer length of arrow IMO.

I think you are right , i am going to shoot them out of my silver custom today and see if they do any better .
Stay tuned !!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Tim, I shoot ballistic 425 pros @ 20” out of my DS 380 with great results.
Used to shoot a similar setup out of my bow tech strykezone 350 with great results also.

I think out of a 200 lb bow you would have to shoot those arrows 17” or shorter with good results. Jmo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Let us know. Thanks
NO go on the stock serving i think a firenock M nock would be better .
But if you have a set of strings and cables made , specify you want the center serving under .160 and the D3 will be your huckleberry !!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Ok i went and pulled the Silver custom off the hook ,swapped out the nock from D3 to Q and went to try these GT's
I will say my Scorpyd 140 likes these arrows !!
Here is my last 2 groups at 50 yds , it was snowing and the wind was all over the place .
One adjustment on the EZ-D and i would be killing bull's !!

trust me when i say the grass is not greener on the other side , this bow is just so smooth shooting ,trigger is outstanding ,
Night and day diff to the SWAT I will never part with this one !!!!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Ok i went and pulled the Silver custom off the hook ,swapped out the nock from D3 to Q and went to try these GT's
I will say my Scorpyd 140 likes these arrows !!
Here is my last 2 groups at 50 yds , it was snowing and the wind was all over the place .
One adjustment on the EZ-D and i would be killing bull's !!
View attachment 195757
View attachment 195758
trust me when i say the grass is not greener on the other side , this bow is just so smooth shooting ,trigger is outstanding ,
Night and day diff to the SWAT I will never part with this one !!!!
View attachment 195761
Tim, that is your best build ever IMO.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Well i got my EZ-d back from the anodizer Fri and finally got it on the bow and went to shooting on a really nice warm day .
Also got in a fresh batch of 22 inch tapps to send down range .
I shot both D3 and moon nocks with no change in POI !!

Put another 80 shots on the bow .
With the tapps weighing in at 448 grns the bow constantly put out 402 -401 i set the crono up right in front of the bow .
with the stock arrows weighing in at 425 grns the bow consistently shot 413 fps .
The Tapps shot pretty good , i have 2 flyers in the 6 i pulled from the dozen and fletched up .
Still impressed with the stock arrows , they actually shoot better than the taps .
I think this bow does not like alot of FOC in an arrow .
It was a good day on the bench !!

81 - 100 of 107 Posts