Crossbow Nation banner

101 - 107 of 107 Posts

·
SE VA
12,157 Posts
I was looking over the GT arrows and was going to check spine on them and look at what i found , another tip shoved into the shaft .
i guess they are just to week for the swat and my target ,LOL.
View attachment 195702
Those fairly blunt points are probably slamming the shafts really hard upon impact.

·
5,374 Posts
The stock KI arrows do very well with a comparatively low foc. Just like a 2219 out of a traditional railed crossbow with a low foc, yet still shoots great. I think that very stiff shafts in crossbows require less foc. The barrel keeps an arrow almost perfectly straight making it act like an extremely stiff shaft.
SWATs can get by with fairly low foc’d arrows.

But, we can’t get around the fact that the more the point pulls the arrow thru the air, the more accurate it generally is. Just try the factory arrows, as accurate as they are with 100g points, with 170/175g points observe that the groups tighten even more.

·
Registered
KI Swat xp
80 Posts
The stock KI arrows do very well with a comparatively low foc. Just like a 2219 out of a traditional railed crossbow with a low foc, yet still shoots great. I think that very stiff shafts in crossbows require less foc. The barrel keeps an arrow almost perfectly straight making it act like an extremely stiff shaft.
SWATs can get by with fairly low foc’d arrows.

But, we can’t get around the fact that the more the point pulls the arrow thru the air, the more accurate it generally is. Just try the factory arrows, as accurate as they are with 100g points, with 170/175g points observe that the groups tighten even more.
What FOC should I be looking for. I am new to Xbows and this is a learning experience setting up my KI XP.

·
Registered
825 Posts
What FOC should I be looking for. I am new to Xbows and this is a learning experience setting up my KI XP.
Really, everything I have shot out of my XP has shot great.... from the factory 400 grain KI arrows... to Bloodsport witness arrows that weigh around 443.. to my spynal tapps that weigh in at 468. For hunting any of these arrows are more than sufficient. If you want to shoot dimes at 80 yards I would go with the tapps. The Tapps have 110 grain inserts so more FOC than the others. I only shoot 100 grain tips because that is what my broad head of choice is.

·
5,374 Posts
There isn’t an “ideal” foc for railed crossbows. With a stiff shaft, of a fully enclosed barrel making any shaft act stiffer, genera;;y more point weight just helps accuracy. There is no specific number as far as I can tell.

·
Registered
KI Swat xp
80 Posts
Everyone is so helpful and full of knowledge on this sight. Thanks. Glad to here I'm good to go with100gr heads because that is what I shoot with the vertical bow. Working with some Tapps and building some want to be taps out of my stock arrows. Spine testing shafts makes night and day difference.

101 - 107 of 107 Posts