Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
KI SWAT XP with tetra xb and 3-9x40 Vortex crossfire 2
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1st kill for my new Swat Xp. 1 for 1! 30 yards, both lungs, clean pass thru, ran about 20 yards and piled up. After all I have gone thru this last 7 months with losing an eye this is as much a trophy as any big buck I have killed..... but now the page turns toward the rut and getting a smasher! Big shout out to KI and Jason for all they have done to help me!

·
Registered
KI SWAT XP with tetra xb and 3-9x40 Vortex crossfire 2
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone! Going to go out tonight and see what's going on. Archery bear season here now so maybe Swatty will be a Bear Swatter next! That will test the truglos out!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Congrats on a fine doe I'm glad the Swat worked out for you

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
View attachment 186081 1st kill for my new Swat Xp. 1 for 1! 30 yards, both lungs, clean pass thru, ran about 20 yards and piled up. After all I have gone thru this last 7 months with losing an eye this is as much a trophy as any big buck I have killed..... but now the page turns toward the rut and getting a smasher! Big shout out to KI and Jason for all they have done to help me!
Congratulations nice job !!

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Congrats -- very nice!

Horns

Reactions: One eyed archer

·
Registered
19 Posts
View attachment 186081 1st kill for my new Swat Xp. 1 for 1! 30 yards, both lungs, clean pass thru, ran about 20 yards and piled up. After all I have gone thru this last 7 months with losing an eye this is as much a trophy as any big buck I have killed..... but now the page turns toward the rut and getting a smasher! Big shout out to KI and Jason for all they have done to help me!
Man I’m glad you got one. It takes a long time to get your depth perception back and stuff like that, In August 2004 I was on a surf trip with my buddies in Costa Rica. All my buddies were inside having lunch and I was out surfing by myself & the unthinkable happened, the wave i was riding closed out and I went underwater all the while my leash stretched out then came back at me full force while I was at underwater & the tip/nose gouged my left eye out so I know how tough it is to gauge stuff with only one working eye. At first I couldn’t even keep my car in my lane without running off the side of the road but after a while you start getting used to everything, Luckily my right eye was my dominant eye so aiming and shooting stuff wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. The thing that helped me the most was actually getting out there and trying to do stuff like I did before. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me or message me. I’m glad that you’re back on the horse again though…

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Man I’m glad you got one. It takes a long time to get your depth perception back and stuff like that, In August 2004 I was on a surf trip with my buddies in Costa Rica. All my buddies were inside having lunch and I was out surfing by myself & the unthinkable happened, the wave i was riding closed out and I went underwater all the while my leash stretched out then came back at me full force while I was at underwater & the tip/nose gouged my left eye out so I know how tough it is to gauge stuff with only one working eye. At first I couldn’t even keep my car in my lane without running off the side of the road but after a while you start getting used to everything, Luckily my right eye was my dominant eye so aiming and shooting stuff wasn’t as hard as I thought it would be. The thing that helped me the most was actually getting out there and trying to do stuff like I did before. If you have any questions about anything feel free to PM me or message me. I’m glad that you’re back on the horse again though…
Good on ya both!!!! Ya don't let somethin like losing an eye get ya down for long! Ya got back up, and relearnt how to keep doing things!!! Aweesome stuff, Dudes!!! Very inspirational!!!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts