Crossbow Nation banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My good friend who I have been mentoring the last 2 years finally got an opportunity tonight. This is his first kill ever. It was only a button buck buck he was super excited for the shot so I gave him the green light. He made an absolute perfect shot with my Swat XP. The truglos did their job and the deer only made it 30 yards before piling up. Super proud of this kid! 馃槉 Swatty is now 4 shots 4 kills!
Plant Plant community Farmer Agriculture Leaf vegetable
Plant Food Ingredient Leaf vegetable Recipe

Registered
It's always something to remember being with someone that kills their very first deer. Congrats to the young man and to you too.;):)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys! It was a really great day. I forgot to mention in the post we were hunting out of a ground blind watching a small food plot of rape, turnips and radishes. Shot was inside 20 yards.

Deer is skinned and Swatman will be here first thing in the morning to cut it up. Thanks Mike! Glad you were there with us today buddy!

Registered
Tell him Congrats on his button buck it will be some tender eating, Congrats to you as well

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tell him Congrats on his button buck it will be some tender eating, Congrats to you as well
It sure will be good eating. I told him this was his one free pass to shoot a button buck, from now on they are off limits. 馃榿

Registered
Congrats to both of you, nothing like the first deer. Memory will last forever

Ravin R26 & KI Swat X1
Sig Sauer BDX and Kilo
Thorn Crown 125 and HPX 125

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Congrats to your Friend and to Swatty. Perfect shot placement!
Thanks Dyno! It was pretty cool being in the blind with him being able to coach him up during the process leading up to the shot. I told him exactly where to aim and damn if he didnt hit exactly where I told him. For only having a handful of shots behind the trigger of Swatty I was impressed especially since it was off just a monopod. Good learner, great kid! 馃憤

1 - 20 of 27 Posts