Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13,755 Posts
How'd you do it? Curious minds want to know.;):)

Reactions: okieshiner918

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How'd you do it? Curious minds want to know.;):)
Well, you can find a lot of different paints online that are Mil-Spec Coyote and they run anywhere from $12 to $25 for a rattle can (at least that was my experience). While in Lowe's I stumbled upon this stuff from Valspar in their Project Perfect line. The stuff can be used on pretty much anything. Valspar calls this color "Rugged," and it ran about $5 for the can. I took it to a buddy's house, who has a can of $20 Mil-Spec Coyote and compared the two on a piece e of metal and the difference was virtually undetectable. Of course, the foregrip on my bow is something I added, but the pistol grip and buttstock are stock pieces. I pulled all the pieces off the bow and hung them from a piece of wire in my garage and applied 3 coats of the Valspar paint to each.

I have seen guys who buy Magpul furniture and replace the factory stuff on their bows, but I thought I'd give this a shot first, before going that route. It seemed like a no-brainer to me.... $5 rattle can vs. Magpul furniture at the tune of $100 to $150. I can say that this paint job has held up great while transporting my bow and shooting it at the range.
0304180833_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Fletcher

·
Registered
6 Posts
What kind,and where did u get the foregrip? I want 1 for mine. Think it would help in the woods carrying the weight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What kind,and where did u get the foregrip? I want 1 for mine. Think it would help in the woods carrying the weight.
That foregrip came off my AR and honestly I can't remember where I got it.Pretty much any foregrip that fits an AR with picatinny rails will fit your Sniper. I do know Magpul makes some cool ones.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts