Crossbow Nation banner
61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
Chrono comment: My ballistic eats 9volt batteries. Amazing how fast they wear down.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I get it but you use them for extensive time and the batteries will drain unusually fast.

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Absolutely! Looks great. I’ll be spinning to the left with these arrows!

Reactions: rt2bowhunter

·
4,180 Posts
It seems another always archery saying. Rt wing tightens your field tip Lt loosens other than that it doesn't matter. Was nothing more than a idea in someone's head accepted as fact for many years. And probably still is to many.

·
5,049 Posts
While I am easily able to resist buying expensive things like crossbows that I don’t need, smaller items are harder for me to resist. I have 100 Tac driver 2.75s coming soon. Maybe they will replace my 3” Fusions as favorites. ;)

Reactions: TomOnTheRun

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Joe PA, Levi Morgan holds like 13 world archery championships. He has a 3 minute video using a primer pen for adhesion. He said after following these steps you have to cut the vanes off. They will not tear off.
I found it a good reference: I have an Easton primer pen should work the same. Picked one adhesion tip from him. I tend to put to much glue on my vanes. Gonna try his 4-5 dot method after priming the vane. It's a short video.

TAC Vanes Adhesion Advantage with Levi Morgan

Reactions: JOE PA

·
Registered
23 Posts
Almost 30 years in archery shops, shooting bare shafts marked on top, right hand bow rotates CCW. Left hand bow rotates shaft CW, why I do not know. We always fletched arrows in the direction of rotation. Better broadhead flight and easer tuning. Been using Tac vanes since they came out, put three drops of glue on vane then spread with toothpick. At forty yards quietest vane we tested last year. Shooting 17-inch Zombies, 2.75 Tac Driver vanes 1.5 degree left helical,460 grain arrow weight with 100 fixed grains broadheads. Out of my Siege they are around 390 fps. I use Tac glue and pen, with great results. Interesting test makes for a good read

·
4,180 Posts
I'm sticking with the Quick Spin Hell fire vanes. They fly to good and are stupid easy to fletch with the firenock jig and clamp. But taking advantage of the natural spin of the arrow sure why not. Got to be better than bucking it.

I still would like to know how long it takes for a arrow to reverse rotation.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I'm sticking with the Quick Spin Hell fire vanes. They fly to good and are stupid easy to fletch with the firenock jig and clamp. But taking advantage of the natural spin of the arrow sure why not. Got to be better than bucking it.

I still would like to know how long it takes for a arrow to reverse rotation.
I think this video shows about 12-14ft

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 · (Edited)
Mike, that is outstanding shooting and even better arrow consistency. That is all one can ask for. Your Barnett TS370 is the most underrated Xbow I've ever shot out of the box. Trigger Tech is second to none and I've owned my share of high end Xbows. Sold three TS370's and wished I kept one. However, I'm enjoying my new Barnett Whitetail Hunter 400 XTR. With my red dot setup it weights in at 6.72lbs. Fits my long walk for hunts. Perfect for me!

Matching the arrow to the strings is a new play that can't hurt. I hope to see added value with my new fix blade TOTA broad heads. I will be testing these before early fall opener. Also, looking forward to using the new arrow setup.

61 - 80 of 156 Posts