Crossbow Nation banner
101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
4,180 Posts
All ABB strings and cables? Built ccw?
Don't know all i know is my bare shafts are turning CW. When i order new i will ask if they are great if there not i'll ask for it. Well i'll ask for strings built just like the ones i have. But there still in very good shape but getting some age on them probably 5 years old. I have replaced the center serving a few times and put it back on the same way they did.

·
4,180 Posts
I have been told that ABB build ccw. :unsure: And Rogue, but hard to verify.
I just looked at the camo 400 and the black 400 i used to test arrow rotation. They are twisted CCW. I also checked Mike Smokepolehall's and Boo's flemish strings they are also CCW, Other than a very short time i spent with Bowtech Scorpyd and Parker and Jerry's vertical crossbow That IDK about. Id say 95% of my shooting/hunting was done with ABB or one of the Flemish strings.

If you look at history two bows that are known for great easy accuracy are Excalibur and Mission Crossbows. Maybe this is why or maybe not. But it is what it is.

·
5,049 Posts
My update (for anyone who cares) ;)

My Burky RDX with all ccw ( string, base .012, and top .026) turns nock 1/4 turn at 5 feet! One full turn right at less than 20 feet (measured)! When TP Collins (RIP) first mentioned this, I thought it was BS. Definitely not. Also did my first 3 Bloodsports with the Tac 2.75s. Primer pen is easy to use. Base is very stiff, harder to spread and even the glue before putting the clamp in the jig to apply. They seem to go on well and neatly. Proof is in the shooting, ans that probably won’t happen before next Tuesday.:cautious:

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
JoePA, Thanks for sharing! What are your initial impressions with material design on the vane. Testimonials are important good, bad or In different.

·
5,049 Posts
JoePA, Thanks for sharing! What are your initial impressions with material design on the vane. Testimonials are important good, bad or In different.
They seem very stiff, like Heat stiff. Profile should have more control, I suppose. The radius on the base (fits on the shaft) is stiffer than any vane I’ve seen.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Has anyone used the Labradar Chrono with their arrow flight studies? I know a couple members here have them. Presently they are hard to come by, don't know if it's supply chain issues or as they come available folks are purchasing. IMO, an in depth of a study as you guys are conducting, the Labradar would be a great tool. Please report on any usage and results. Thx!

Reactions: Huntersthompson

·
Registered
7,320 Posts
I sent Tom his completed arrows back to him with the rest of his vanes. I did send him a dozen shafts for him to spine index for me. Happy to donate a couple of shafts,if Tom can throw in the vanes. Do you want them indexed,or will you do that yourself?

·
Registered
8,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #118 ·
I have a ripper 425 and a fatal as well. I could get data out of a conventional bow for you.
Bmiller, PM me your address. I'll send you two of mine. No need to return. Would be good info shared by more CBN testers. I have more then a few Easton 9MM. :cool:

101 - 120 of 156 Posts