Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really am not too interested in videoing my hunts for video purposes. But, I'd love to have a cam that is easy to use and will allow me to review the video in the field before I begin tracking. I shoot a fast xbow and honestly sometimes I can't even perceive the flight path...it'd be nice to see the shot in slow mo or frame x frame before I start tracking so I can know if I need to back out or not.

Looking for feedback from Tactacam users if this is possible and which version is necessary if I want to do this....

TIA

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I wont use it for this purpose again. 2 years ago I shot a buck that I knew to be dead. I watched the arrow impact.
Went to the film and what I saw convinced my partner that I had missed. Even to my eye's, the film seemed to suggest I missed the mark I was aiming at...even though I saw the impact.
Partner said "you just clipped it" and the film certainly seemed to show that. I had zero blood on the ground (deer flew out of there) and little on the arrow. Everything suggested I had a simple flesh wound, based on what we watched.

Nope.... went back and found it dead as a door nail. Nearly got fooled by the film. Lighted nocks for me, for the purpose of verifying the impact area.

Reactions: dlist777

·
Registered
365 Posts
The combination of a lighted nock and a Tactacam did wonders for me in seeing where I hit a turkey last spring. I always record in the highest frames per second the camera has to give the best slo mo replay.

·
Registered
26 Posts
The combination of a lighted nock and a Tactacam did wonders for me in seeing where I hit a turkey last spring. I always record in the highest frames per second the camera has to give the best slo mo replay.
Wheelsquad...I have a Tactacam 5.0 and was wondering if all your hunts are shot in 120fps? Can you slow them down on your phone immediatly when viewing? What app do you view them in if not tactacam app? I kinda want to do this with mine but dont know how or what? Thanks....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So....how did you slow that down in second video?
I had downloaded a slo mo video player app on my phone. Honestly...in full speed I wasn't sure I hit the buck. Then when I watched on my phone I knew it was a good hot. I think it was called VIDEO FRAME PLAYER.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I edited it later ( trimming and putting the slo mo repeat) with a different app...POWER DIRECTOR

·
Registered
365 Posts
Wheelsquad...I have a Tactacam 5.0 and was wondering if all your hunts are shot in 120fps? Can you slow them down on your phone immediatly when viewing? What app do you view them in if not tactacam app? I kinda want to do this with mine but dont know how or what? Thanks....
Sorry I didn't see this until now. Yes I shoot all mine in 120fps, I transfer them to my Android phone with the app, then use an app called Slow Motion FX to trim and save as slomo playback.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Is slow motion fx a windows or Android program? Thanks
Android app. One of the many apps that are probably up to the task. I've never done much video editing on windows pc.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts