Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have used one in the past. There not bad, I just don’t like not being able to see what im recording. So I bought a bracket for my iPhone for $28.00 and i can see what I’m recording and it goes strait to photos so it’s easy to upload onto FB or send to someone. 😉👍

·
9,279 Posts
I'm using two... they're very good. Reliable and trouble free. Infinitely better than the Moultries. Take a decent picture, easy to set up and use, can be adjusted right from your smart phone at home. Pretty good battery life. My first cell cameras. Since I bought mine 3 months ago four other guys in a DMP bought them and like them. They're cheap at $99.99 so it one gets stolen you're not going to be put on suicide watch. Although, you'd think it's pretty hard to steal a cell camera without sending your portrait to the owner, and impossible to use it since it's programed with serial number through Reveal. They're IR cameras so I don't see why "light" should be an issue anywhere.

Reactions: USAF Ret in Wis

·
Registered
21 Posts
If your asking about the tactacam I’m talking about, the kind you mount to your bow or gun then yes. In fact, they do very well gathering light and the picture is really good. The battery life is also good. Like I said the only issue I had with them is no display screen or the ability to zoom in. So when you make a shot and want to follow the animal, your kinda guessing. Now, it is a wide angle lens, so chances are if you are pointing in the general direction you will be ok. It is what it is. I just felt like since I already had a phone that would zoom and a large display screen and its familiar and easy to use, I would just save my money. It’s worked out great so far.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I have a Tactacam Solo mounted on my crossbow and got really great video footage of the buck I shot this year. There shouldn't be any issues using it from a ground blind as long as there is shooting light outside of the blind. I bought 2 of them on ebay for under $100 each.

Reactions: Iron Duke

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
I have the Tactacam 5.0 with the remote. Not super great in low light but good enough for it’s small lens. In decent light though watching the playback on ta 4K tv is really sharp.

I took this last year during muzzleloader season in the early morning, there were 2 Toms but the 2nd one is behind some trees.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts