Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie question, Im wanting to buy a Micro Suppressor. It’s offered in a TD version, is this something that’s just going to wear out over time? What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
3,004 Posts
Based on what I have heard, no.
If I need to break down a bow, I can just remove the riser from the rail with 1 bolt. The T/D IMO is just a meaningless marketing gimmick.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Another method to remove $$$ from your wallet and stuff theirs. How many times are you going to travel by air where packaging will be required? It just like LA said. ^^^^

·
Registered
425 Posts
If you are one of the few that travels a LOT to and from hunting places, take down models have there merits. On the down side its something else that loosens up or may cause accuracy problems in the long run. A allen key and a couple of bolts isn't the most bothersome thing to deal with.

·
1,819 Posts
When I got mine, I called Excalibur’s engineer asking if there were any parts that would allow me to eliminate the TD feature. After putzing around a bit and talking to the production manager, the answer is no. So if you have to have a 400 ft/sec Micro you’ll have to live with the extra weight and slightly more maintenance of a TD bow. Once the adjustments are made, the TD mechanism isn’t a problem at all.
Your other choice of a Micro Suppressor is a 355 ft/sec version which is ample power and speed to take anything that walks in North America. I’m actually thinking about getting the 355 Micro Suppressor for myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts