Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and found some good information on slings but I’m asking just in case something new came along. This would be for a Centerpoint sniper 370 whisper elite. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
14 Posts
Get something comfortable, I have followed recommendations from others and was uncomfortable. What works for you in a rifle is what I tell people. If you are unsure of that then the questions start with, what have you tried? How long are you planning on slinging it? Do you want it readily accessable? What other gear are you carrying?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
8,450 Posts
I have … a couple of Browning slings that can quickly be adjusted with one hand that I keep grabbing. I usually shorten the sling when I get in a treestand to keep it out of the way, and to hang the weapon on my EZhangar. Even take it off in a blind. Being able to lengthen it or shorten it with one hand seems to make my life easier. Other than that, a sling that can open up quite a bit is nice when you have 6 layers of winter clothes on and a clump of hoods hanging off your shoulders. Nothing quite sucks as much as a too short sling that has you trussed up like a bundle of newspapers with the weapon squashed against your back. 😂

·
Registered
57 Posts
In my experience with slings,the most useful and comfortable sling on the market is the offering from Slogan Outdoors,IMO. Stays put, and is a quality piece with a 30 year warranty. One of those rare products that work as described from the giddy up. Order by shirt size.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for all your opinions and input. I stopped after work and I ended up getting the Limbsaver Kodiak air crossbow sling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
12,969 Posts
I just bought one of the cheaper rubber slings at Walmart. It keeps the bow up on my shoulder without constantly having to adjust when walking in/out of the woods. I highly recommend you look at the rubber ones vrs the cloth or leather.;).

·
Registered
31 Posts
In my experience with slings,the most useful and comfortable sling on the market is the offering from Slogan Outdoors,IMO. Stays put, and is a quality piece with a 30 year warranty. One of those rare products that work as described from the giddy up. Order by shirt size.
I use the Slogans on my rifles.And got one for my xbow. There the best sling out there I think.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Stupid question. Do you carry you bow cocked with a slign? Which end up? I havent used one yet, but worry about it going off cocked.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts