Crossbow Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some gee whiz info.
R29x uses different cam bearings vs the earlier Ravin releases.
I asked the question could a R29x cam bearing be used on earlier Ravin released models?
The answer is NO.
Slightly different axle used on R29x.

I talked a bit more.
Told them I had more than likely helped sell some Ravin bows with the info/vidoes I have done, presses too.

I told rep I would be more than happy to test new Bow model realizing non disclosure aggeements would apply. They kept my contact info in case they decide or need me to do.

Cheers.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Riflenut,...... You, BigBird1 and IowaGuy would all be great assets to assist Ravin with their new model offerings!! Between the 3 of you there is more for Ravin to gain then they realize by leveraging your technical and shooting expertise. Your videos alone make you the most knowledgeable guy I’ve interacted with to fine tune my R15 beyond it’s factory provided capabilities!! BigBird1 should be a contributing Design Engineer and IowaGuy another long range tuning and shooting expert. The 3 of you have contributed immensely to Ravin’s success.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Wow,
Pronghorn,
Those are some mighty kind words and I couldn't agree with you more concerning Riflenut and IowaGuy.
Both continue to be fine ambassadors for Ravin crossbows.
But the way I see it, you are not giving enough credit to yourself and all of the other great folks on this Ravin forum.
I've had the genuine pleasure of making Ravin accessories for so many folks on CBN over the last few years and I can tell you without any reservations that we have a whole lot of mighty fine folks here.
Many are also very knowledgeable and each contributes in their own way. I also continue to be amazed when some folks on here go out of their way to thank you for your help.
If I might indulge, I'll share a couple of recent examples:
A kind gentlemen just today sent me a PM informing me how happy he was with his R29 Bird mount. He didn't have to do that but he just wanted me to know he appreciated the work that went into creating it.
Another incredible gentlemen actually sent my wife and I an anniversary gift after he discovered it was our 48th wedding anniversary last week. How often do you see that from a person you've never even met?

I just feel very blessed to be a member of the Nation and many thanks to all of you who have helped me pursue my passion in retirement. I continue to learn from all of you guys each and every day.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Wow,
Pronghorn,
Those are some mighty kind words and I couldn't agree with you more concerning Riflenut and IowaGuy.
Both continue to be fine ambassadors for Ravin crossbows.
But the way I see it, you are not giving enough credit to yourself and all of the other great folks on this Ravin forum.
I've had the genuine pleasure of making Ravin accessories for so many folks on CBN over the last few years and I can tell you without any reservations that we have a whole lot of mighty fine folks here.
Many are also very knowledgeable and each contributes in their own way. I also continue to be amazed when some folks on here go out of their way to thank you for your help.
If I might indulge, I'll share a couple of recent examples:
A kind gentlemen just today sent me a PM informing me how happy he was with his R29 Bird mount. He didn't have to do that but he just wanted me to know he appreciated the work that went into creating it.
Another incredible gentlemen actually sent my wife and I an anniversary gift after he discovered it was our 48th wedding anniversary last week. How often do you see that from a person you've never even met?

I just feel very blessed to be a member of the Nation and many thanks to all of you who have helped me pursue my passion in retirement. I continue to learn from all of you guys each and every day.
goodness bigbird , 48 years thats awesome . i continue to stay in the declining health mode . guess i will never get to hunt with my R26. I made some changes , put a THREADZ string set on it and a different rest . the one that has three points that hold the arrow in . . My best friends son works for THREADZ and according to everything that Bert has told me about the company ,i think that their string sets should do quite well , they really take some pains in the making of them . I guess if its gonna get to kill a deer , im gonna have to let Bert take it and kill one . oh and Berts Son shoots for one of the bow companies . he is quite good . and he is awesome working on equipment . very meticulious . like his dad . well i wish you and your bride well .and God bless you richely

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
goodness bigbird , 48 years thats awesome . i continue to stay in the declining health mode . guess i will never get to hunt with my R26. I made some changes , put a THREADZ string set on it and a different rest . the one that has three points that hold the arrow in . . My best friends son works for THREADZ and according to everything that Bert has told me about the company ,i think that their string sets should do quite well , they really take some pains in the making of them . I guess if its gonna get to kill a deer , im gonna have to let Bert take it and kill one . oh and Berts Son shoots for one of the bow companies . he is quite good . and he is awesome working on equipment . very meticulious . like his dad . well i wish you and your bride well .and God bless you richely
Earl ,
Always nice to hear from you.
So sorry to hear about your declining health.
I know the Good Lord will be by your side and pray you get better soon.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Some gee whiz info.
R29x uses different cam bearings vs the earlier Ravin releases.
I asked the question could a R29x cam bearing be used on earlier Ravin released models?
The answer is NO.
Slightly different axle used on R29x.

I talked a bit more.
Told them I had more than likely helped sell some Ravin bows with the info/vidoes I have done, presses too.

I told rep I would be more than happy to test new Bow model realizing non disclosure aggeements would apply. They kept my contact info in case they decide or need me to do.

Cheers.
Riflenut- any tips on Broadhead usage for r29x? I just got my titanium 100 grain from ravin- opened the pack at 63.8 yards first two shots were a non deploy😳.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Riflenut- any tips on Broadhead usage for r29x? I just got my titanium 100 grain from ravin- opened the pack at 63.8 yards first two shots were a non deploy😳.
Heavens to Betsy, that is not good.
I would see about sending them back or at least get an explanation from Ravin.
At 30 bucks a piece, one would expect better results.
Good luck, I believe there are other threads about broadheads for Ravin arrows.

Reactions: Ravinr29

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since R29x shoots faster than even R29.
My suggestion.
Get rage hypos and place plastic holding ring outside the notch.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Since R29x shoots faster than even R29.
My suggestion.
Get rage hypos and place plastic holding ring outside the notch.
Thank you. Someone had suggested rage no collar as well. Was really shocked that ravin would brand a product then fail out of the box

·
11,268 Posts
Shooting my R26, either at 400 FPS or 354 FPS, I use nothing but 100 grain RaptorTrick broadheads and 110 grain inserts. Don’t even shoot field points anymore. The red practice RaptorTrick heads shoot exactly the same POI as the hunting heads even out to 70 yards. I use the 18-1 broadhead target all the time now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts